Cruise cancelled, replaced by charter!

fudge

We are three couples that have been booked on this cruise for quite some time.  We heard a rumor about another couple being canceled months ago for this cruise due to a charter and since we booked everything has been listed as waitlisted.  when our TA contacted SS she was told that the rumor was not true.  Yesterday we were told that the cruise had to be rescheduled due to "unforeseen logistical and operational changes".  They want to move us to another cruise w a similar itinerary but does not contain Tangier which is a port we really wanted.  We were told that the new itinerary would be one day longer but here it is 2 days later and no info on the cost of this new itinerary has been provided.  Will we end up paying more even with the offered discount?

this would have been our 8th SS cruise and one neighbor is scheduled for the first time.

not a very good first impression.  I don't know if we will rebook.  

51 minutes ago, Lagunachris said:

Will we end up paying more even with the offered discount?

We are in similar circumstances and this is the big question at the moment.  The eventual answer will tell us much about the business ethics of Silversea.

I trust them, we have 2 previous cruises with Silversea and felt it would be our line of choice for the years ahead.  But now, we are (like you) waiting to hear.

Fudge:  So sorry this happened to you.  I understand your anger.  But the same thing happened to us in 2022 when Silversea cancelled our crossing and replaced it with a charter.  We were given notice of this only about 5 weeks before departure, so we had to scramble to cancel our flight to Florida to pick up the ship, to cancel the hotel in Lauderdale and to find an alternative way to get to Lisbon from the States.  It was stressful and I was angry for a long time.  

Wow, 5 weeks out, have SS no conscious? We have well over 200 days with them, I am still very angry, in fact thats it, no more!

I wonder how many of the charter folks will ever sail with SS again? I will stick with Regent and Seabourn from now on, please people do not reply with those cruise lines also charter ships I know that, we will take our chances. 

This was going to be such a special cruise, two very important celebrations, anyway its gone now no point in crying over spilt milk!

As I said earlier I have now blocked SS and told my TA not to send me offers ever again. They were our favourite cruise line, they can stick it now where the sun dont shine!!