ArriveCan or special forms needed for Montreal cruise?

jeffyd

We are on the Montreal/NYC cruise on June 11th on Navigator leaving out of Montreal. We will be flying in to Montreal on June 10th and board the next day. Do we have to use the ArriveCan app for boarding or complete any special forms for flying in to Canada from the US?

When we were on an Alaska cruise last Fall and stopped in Canada for one of the ports we had to do ArriveCan.

Just curious if that's needed for this cruise?

Thanks!

Jeff

I’m on the same cruise as you. Can’t believe it is next Sunday! My understanding is you can fill out the ArriveCan before you leave but it is not required. It is supposed to save time at customs if you use it but I’m not sure how. There are kiosks that you can use at customs to fill out the form so I guess if you do the form before you arrive, you skip the kiosks. 🤷 We are bringing our vaccine forms just in case but I know they are not needed. Other than that, just passports. 

10 hours ago, dsindallas said:

I’m on the same cruise as you. Can’t believe it is next Sunday! My understanding is you can fill out the ArriveCan before you leave but it is not required. It is supposed to save time at customs if you use it but I’m not sure how. There are kiosks that you can use at customs to fill out the form so I guess if you do the form before you arrive, you skip the kiosks. 🤷 We are bringing our vaccine forms just in case but I know they are not needed. Other than that, just passports. 

ArriveCan is not required, but it does allow you to pre-fill some of the information needed for customs clearance - so it can save some time. You will still need to use the kiosks - for passport scan, etc., but your data input will be less with ArriveCan. It's likely not worth worrying about. 🍺🥌