Anyone ever booked "A Splash of Romance" to your voyage?

-The-True-North-

Is it really worth it?

Sure the items can be bought with sailor loot, but they say you get $350 value for $200.

THE DREAMY DETAILS

Access to Priority Check-in & Boarding

Specially-curated daily cold-pressed juices at the Juice Bar each morning

A 3-Hour Thermal Spa Pass per Sailor

A Shake for Champagne

Exclusive Sail Away event

Aphrodisiac bites to keep the romance flowing

This sounds dumb, but if you value the things that it includes, then yes.

If you were planning to get 2 spa passes and a shake for champagne, the other stuff is pretty much all a bonus.  The early boarding can be worth it if you’re on a more crowded sailing because you can get a head start on booking activities.

• Like 1

If you would buy the stuff anyhow, then it can be a value.  Otherwise, not.

Thermal spa pass--$59 each

Shake for Champagne-$100.

Right there, you have used the $200.  

IMHO, the rest if "fluff.  Do you want the cold pressed juice.  If your booking includes the $600 bar tab, you could get it that way.  Munchies?  The reviews said they were very good.  Priority boarding, can't put a dollar value on that; we get it with our Sea Rover status.  

The down side is that you have to buy it with cash up front and can't swap any of the items.  If you bought your spa pass or champagne on board, you could use any Loot associated with your booking, but you wouldn't get the extras.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeandRon said:

We did it for our first VL med this Oct.  We wanted to go back to the thermal suite and another $100 bar tab sure won't be wasted.  The rest can be for fun.  Deep Blue is a big plus too.

we will be getting off as you get on 🙂 

1 hour ago, -The-True-North- said:

You got Deep Blue with it too?

You can have both Splash of Romance (which you pay for) and DBE (which you get with Sea Rover status).  THey are not connected in any way, and no, DBE does not come with  Splash of Romance.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MikeandRon said:

We did it for our first VL med this Oct.  We wanted to go back to the thermal suite and another $100 bar tab sure won't be wasted.  The rest can be for fun.  Deep Blue is a big plus too.

With splash of romance you don’t get $100, it has to be Moet. 

• Like 1

I just did SOR on my 5/21 sailing with my hubby and my girlfriends and I have it booked again for our September cruise. I am the only one with DBE priority boarding so having this for the other 3 ladies will be beneficial as SL has been super packed. We all also drink bubbly and the shake for champaign will be fun. these two things will make it worth it for us 4 ladies. 

FWIW I had a less than stellar experience in the thermal spa. I thought the staff was super lazy and the music way too loud in the various rooms for it to be a pleasant experience. My hubby and I only stayed one hour out of the 3 we had allotted. If i was not doing SOR, I would never pay for a 3-hour thermal spa pass. Just not my cup of tea with the way they manage it. I did provide this feedback on my post-cruise survey. 

We did NOT eat the chocolate snacks save one pair of white chocolate lips. 👄

• Like 1