How far in advance do we need to buy?

We have our final payment due on our Viking cruise at the end of this month. And if you know Viking, it's not cheap. I know we want to buy travel insurance for it as well. But do we need to do it now? Our trip is still about 10 months away. I'd love to wait until this is paid off, then pay for that in like July if possible (college tuition is due in September, so need to space things out). But I want to make sure we're not making a mistake by waiting later. We've never bought trip insurance before, but obviously, this is a big trip.

Plus, we're still shopping around for policies, looking for ones that cover what we want and to get a good deal. Trying to find out more about the Costco one too, since we didn't book our trip through them.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, kctwinmommy said:

We have our final payment due on our Viking cruise at the end of this month. And if you know Viking, it's not cheap. I know we want to buy travel insurance for it as well. But do we need to do it now? Our trip is still about 10 months away. I'd love to wait until this is paid off, then pay for that in like July if possible (college tuition is due in September, so need to space things out). But I want to make sure we're not making a mistake by waiting later. We've never bought trip insurance before, but obviously, this is a big trip.

Plus, we're still shopping around for policies, looking for ones that cover what we want and to get a good deal. Trying to find out more about the Costco one too, since we didn't book our trip through them.

Thanks!

Hi Cindy,

When are you paying your deposit?

Steve Dasseos

Just now, kctwinmommy said:

I don't know, a few months ago...

May I get this info from you?

- In the last 180 days, have either of you, or a traveling companion or a non-traveling family member, had any medication changes or had treatment for or been diagnosed with any medical condition that could worsen and, in turn, cause you to cancel or interrupt your trip? Or that could cause you to seek treatment on your trip?
- Are you old enough to be covered by Medicare with a supplement you bought on your own, have Tricare or are on a former employers' retiree health plan? Or do you have Advantage plans?