Recent experiences buying carpets in Kusadasi?

I've searched and found lots of posts about buying a carpet in Kusadasi, but none are recent, and none are post-pandemic (if that changed things). Wondering if anyone has any recent experiences, good or bad, to share. We're taking a Celebrity ship tour in the morning so we'll get dropped off at the Celebrity-aligned store, but we can look elsewhere of course. I'm not expecting a huge bargain or anything, but I am buying a new dining room rug, and it would be fun to talk with dinner guests about having bought it in Turkey.

• 2 months later...

We've bought several rugs at the Caravanserai there. Interesting place. They even walked our rugs to our ships. They will definitely mail them to you too. And they WANT/expect you to haggle! Read up on how to do it--as well as the usual value of the type of rug you want to get.

Edited by sofietucker

On 6/4/2023 at 6:26 PM, klflote said:

having bought it in Turkey.

A word of caution because the patterns and colours are beautiful and it is difficult to decide on a favourite, but before buying, you might want to check how much import duty/tax you will need to pay on it when importing it into your own country.

Perhaps Sophietucker (post#2) who has bought in Turkey can advise you of any hidden additional costs you may not have thought of.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1