Pre-purchasing wine for cabin - corkscrew?

djny1077

Does anyone know, if I purchase a bottle of wine to keep in my cabin, will they also supply a corkscrew? Am I allowed to bring my own corkscrew, or is it considered a sharp object and likely to get confiscated? TIA!

20 hours ago, djny1077 said:

Does anyone know, if I purchase a bottle of wine to keep in my cabin, will they also supply a corkscrew? Am I allowed to bring my own corkscrew, or is it considered a sharp object and likely to get confiscated? TIA!

I pre-purchased a bottle on the Meraviglia a couple months ago.  It was not opened and there wasn't a corkscrew.  I took it to the closest bar and asked a bartender to open it.

Last week we ordered a bottle of white and a bottle of red. The white was screw top, but the red was cork. We called room service and they brought us a plastic cork screw. Worked fine

On 6/6/2023 at 9:45 AM, bruce85 said:

Last week we ordered a bottle of white and a bottle of red. The white was screw top, but the red was cork. We called room service and they brought us a plastic cork screw. Worked fine

Thank you! I will be on the Meraviglia, hopefully they will bring us one as well.

Thank you all! I'm hesitant to bring a corkscrew because I don't know if it would be a problem, even if with checked luggage. There is no knife on it but it gets flagged at the airport security, so I pack it easily accessible and let them know it is there. haha

3 hours ago, djny1077 said:

Thank you! I will be on the Meraviglia, hopefully they will bring us one as well.

We sailed the meraviglia earlier this year. We had ordered wine also. We didn't have to ask for a cork screw they had one with the wine. On that sailing my wife had a metal cork screw in the main luggage, made it in no problem. We did not fly, drove there.

Edited by bruce85

4 hours ago, djny1077 said:

Thank you all! I'm hesitant to bring a corkscrew because I don't know if it would be a problem, even if with checked luggage. There is no knife on it but it gets flagged at the airport security, so I pack it easily accessible and let them know it is there. haha

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/items/corkscrews-no-blade

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/items/corkscrews-blade

Screenshot_20230608-090555.png

Screenshot_20230608-090551~2.png

15 hours ago, bruce85 said:

We sailed the meraviglia earlier this year. We had ordered wine also. We didn't have to ask for a cork screw they had one with the wine. On that sailing my wife had a metal cork screw in the main luggage, made it in no problem. We did not fly, drove there.

Thank you! This is super helpful! 

On my cruise last month, I purchased a bottle of wine for our room and the cabin steward opened it for us, brought us two wine glasses and always had our bucket full of ice.  Also, on our Mediterranean cruise we could purchase wine in port and bring it back to our cabin.