Can't Decide - RCCL or Princess?

JudithEM

I'm driving myself crazy! I can't decide if my family (and small group) should go on the Voyager or Star Princess --

Looks like Voyager is better for families -- lots more stuff for kids to do -- plus it has a sing-a-long piano bar (my favorite). But, Star Princess is more "luxurious" I'm told and is also better priced and appears kid-friendly. Both have great itineraries, so that won't be deciding factor.

We've only been on Carnival and need a change (although the piano bars on the Fun Ships are awesome -- except for on our recent Liberty cruise).

Can anyone weigh in here? Thank you!!

I have been on both RCI and Princess. I did not find Princess to be any more luxurious than RCI. In fact, the Pricess ships are designed to have the "smaller ship" feel. So if you like the larger-than-life ship with grand spaces, RCI may be more for you.

Even though we had a good time on the Princess cruise and I wouldn't hesitate to book another cruise with them, I prefer RCI. I think RCI had more activities and is probably more fun for the kids. I also think, in general, there are more families on RCI sailings.

I,too, prefer RCL over Princess. There is just so much to do! I must say that the Caribbean Princess has some very loyal fans due to Bert Stratton, their wonderful piano man. Check these boards for him and you'll see what I mean. He is great but RCI has everything else! Just my .02:)

I'm driving myself crazy! I can't decide if my family (and small group) should go on the Voyager or Star Princess --

Looks like Voyager is better for families -- lots more stuff for kids to do -- plus it has a sing-a-long piano bar (my favorite). But, Star Princess is more "luxurious" I'm told and is also better priced and appears kid-friendly. Both have great itineraries, so that won't be deciding factor.

We've only been on Carnival and need a change (although the piano bars on the Fun Ships are awesome -- except for on our recent Liberty cruise).

Can anyone weigh in here? Thank you!!

i would definitely say VOYAGER for children!!! they will enjoy it sooo much more than princess.... i have been on both lines and rccl would be my choice between the two if bringing children.... save princess for a cruise when you are going without kids.... there aren't as many on princess usually...:)

rebecca

Archived