?? Jade - the good, the bad, the ugly

drpclarke

14 hours ago, drpclarke said:

Hello all!

Going on Jade in a few weeks...have seen some reviews, mostly about the ports. Tell me the good, bad, ugly about the boat itself and what is offered. Thanks!

Rachel

As @cruiseny4life noted above, we had an awesome time on the Jade last Nov/Dec on our 38-day Africa cruise. We were in an aft-facing Club Balcony and thoroughly enjoyed the ship, whether it was eating every other night in a specialty restaurant, going to the evening shows in the main theater, or the variety of game shows held in the Bliss lounge. We also enjoyed going for our daily walks around the ship on its covered promenade deck.

Sure, there may have been a few minor bumps along the way, but nothing of significance comes to mind. But being the only NCL ship besides the Getaway and Dawn we've cruised on, I have to say we really like the size and feel of the Jewel class ships! 😉

But if I had to make a suggestion, it would be this. If you have not yet secured all of your MDR reservation times, make sure you go to the designated location once onboard and do so ASAP. We were just on the Dawn in February, and there were some serious queues waiting to get in the MDR every night for those that did not have a reservation at a specific time. The reason I said ASAP is because the reservation line was relatively short when we first boarded and we wanted to secure reservation times as early as possible relative to when the applicable dining room opened. Just a suggestion.