silhouette food question

md80fan

My family has only been on a handful of cruises and all on Royal Caribbean. We are thinking of taking a cruise on Silhouette as we would like to see some new and different islands in the Caribbean. My father absolutely loves and is obsessed with the Stir Fry station on Oasis class ships. In reading the reviews it sounds like Silhouette also has a stir fry station in the buffet. If so what are the opinions on it and does any of the other ships also have a stir fry station. 

We were on Silhouette a few weeks ago and YES - there is a Stir Fry station in the buffet. Some days they have steam trays with pre-made foods and other days they made the stir fry fresh. SO GOOD. I hadn't tried the stir fry station before but will definitely watch for it on future cruises.

I'll add that we were pleased with the food in the buffet. There were a few things that were unique to our cruises and tasted good such as the fish & chips lunch (pretty close to real English fish & chips), and the donner kebab/donair/gyro station one day. The buffet manager came around a couple of times to ask if we were satisfied with the food and he took good notes so at least on Silhouette, they are trying. 

2 minutes ago, md80fan said:

My family has only been on a handful of cruises and all on Royal Caribbean. We are thinking of taking a cruise on Silhouette as we would like to see some new and different islands in the Caribbean. My father absolutely loves and is obsessed with the Stir Fry station on Oasis class ships. In reading the reviews it sounds like Silhouette also has a stir fry station in the buffet. If so what are the opinions on it and does any of the other ships also have a stir fry station. 

They all have it, you pick your ingredients and then they make it for you.  It is one of the great options always open for lunch and probably dinner but i never really go to buffet for dinner.  

3 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

We were on Silhouette a few weeks ago and YES - there is a Stir Fry station in the buffet. Some days they have steam trays with pre-made foods and other days they made the stir fry fresh. SO GOOD. I hadn't tried the stir fry station before but will definitely watch for it on future cruises.

I'll add that we were pleased with the food in the buffet. There were a few things that were unique to our cruises and tasted good such as the fish & chips lunch (pretty close to real English fish & chips), and the donner kebab/donair/gyro station one day. The buffet manager came around a couple of times to ask if we were satisfied with the food and he took good notes so at least on Silhouette, they are trying. 

Best news ever!  I am a huge fan of stir fry and enjoyed it post Covid on both Edge and Reflection.  Unfortunately, it wasn’t available on Equinox in February.  I tracked down the head chef who laughed at me when I said I couldn’t understand how a dish made to order could be wasteful…unless they were cutting up an abundance of ingredients ahead of time.

I’ll look forward to the stir fry station on Silhouette in April 😋

Susan