What would you Do?

sunandfun12

We are reserved on the Freedom, June 4. This is the first cruise. Final payment is due in 2 weeks. It was alot of money. Now we learned about Atlantis 2007. MY GF is leaving final decision up to me. If we cancel in June, we can afford 2 other cruises and the Atlantis one. TY Roadraad for the info!!!!!!!

Freedom of the Seas with an Eastern itinerary...Jan 28-Feb4.

THE FREEDOM OF THE SEAS sets sail jan 28th thru feb 4th 2007

28th MIAMI leaves 5pm

29th SEA

30th SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO 1pm til 9 pm

31st PHILIPSBURG, ST. MAARTEN 10am til 11pm

1st SEA

2nd LABADEE, HISPANIOLA

3rd SEA

4th MIAMI

I am torn. I like this schedule better. Help.:(

Hi Ladies,

Well, I would be very excited to go on Freedom as soon as possible, but at the same time, the Atlantis cruise is going to great.

If you've never taken an Atlantis, RSVP, or Olivia Cruise, then I would strongly suggest you delay your trip and take the January Atlantis Freedom Cruise. If only for the fact that the itinerary is better than the standard Freedom run.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a firm advocate of taking non-all gay charter cruises as well, but being on the current worlds largest ship on an all gay charter with a great itinerary sounds unbeatable.

And then I think you said in your post this is your first and you'd be able to afford a couple of other cruises if you cancel the June one. If you cancel and book the Atlantis cruise, then IMMEDIATELY book yourself for an inexpensive cruise for June to take the place of the Freedom cruise. This will help hold you over, and give you a first cruise experience before your big one. Just make sure you choose the right cruise line and ship for you and your girlfriend.

Hope this helps,

Darrell

I'd cancel and go for more cruises. I think that it takes a while to work the kinks out and you'll have mre fun and more cruises!

Also, on the inagural, there will be so many people who paid so much for their cruises that there might be a lot of stress onboard as everyone tries to have their perfect holiday. Apparently the Christmas cruises can be like this, too.

Oh, pish posh. We booked a regular sailing of freedom and have had a roll call going almost a year now, while Jan 2007 is only 9 months out! We have over 1700 posts in our roll call already and we're all getting to know one another. I say go for it.

Oh, pish posh. We booked a regular sailing of freedom and have had a roll call going almost a year now, while Jan 2007 is only 9 months out! We have over 1700 posts in our roll call already and we're all getting to know one another. I say go for it.

I Like you Schplinky. I put 2 cabins on hold. :) :D

We sail on Freedom in September. If you have any questions, let me know and we'll find your answers. I know Ken Rush is the first CD and he held 4 Friends of Dorothy parties for us on our last cruise with RCCL.

Ok, so then I guess the roll-call begins! :rolleyes:

I do have a question that I haven't gotten answered from Atlantis. The 2006 cruise on the Navigator went January 28th to February 4th and that was a Saturday to Saturday cruise. The 2007 cruise is listed as January 28th to February 4th as well, but according to my calendar at least, that's Sunday to Sunday.

That's not such a big deal, but kind of a pain as far as travel goes and not having a "decompress" day before going back to work on Monday (unless I take another day off).

So what do you all think? Is it really Sunday to Sunday or could they be mistaken and it's January 27th to February 3rd? Saturday to Saturday (fingers crossed).

By the way. My deposit was charged to my credit card yesterday. Now it seems a little mroe real. yay!:cool:

Same as the Atlantis Infinity cruise last week. I highly recommend taking an extra day off, or two. I didn't and man was Monday rough.....Luckily we live in Fort Lauderdale and didn't have to travel any further once we disembarked.

Hey I started a Roll Call earlier today on this board. Jump over and say hello.

318 days, 22 hours, 7 minutes, 30 seconds and counting....

Best Regards,

Gary

I just entered into the Roll Call fray.

As far as the Monday blues, me taking off might be problematic due to work responsibilities. My taking off the week of the cruise was pushing it, having it off the following week would probably cost my job.:(

emjsea,

I notice you're from Baltimore,.... I'm in DC :)

It ain't as beautiful as Freedom will be, but there are some great deals on Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore this spring and summer to hold you over until your Atlantis cruise. There's 5 night Bermuda cruises if you can't take too much time off.

Darrell

Howdy from Baltimore to DC.

Unfortunately time off during the summer isn't the issue, it's the money. Also we loved the Atlantis cruise so much we decided we'd never go on another straight cruise. Loved it that much.

We've never been on an Atlantis cruise. I know it is probably a misconception on our part but we feel too average for Atlantis. A couple in their late thirties doesn't seemt o be Atlantis' profile, at least given the ads they post. We're not all-night party guys. I could be wrong and I'm sure we'll go one day but not for now.

We're a couple in our late 30's and felt right at home. There are many different ages, shapes, sizes, races, types, nationalities, couples vs. singles etc.

There is so much to do at night besides the late night dance parties, you can't do it all! I'm not a dance all night guy, but my boyfriend is, but we both managed to have the time of our lives.

It is unfortunate that Atlantis' brochures focus so much on the 20 something twinks since that is just a small part of who is there. But, then again, you don't usuall see "average" looking people for advertisements for anything in this world. Hell, even Weight Watchers advertises with thinner, pretty people! :rolleyes:

Is that Charo or a drag Queen between the two of you? (and is there any difference?)

We went to the Friends of Dorothy party on our last Celebrity cruiise and one of the people there made Atlantis sound like a floating bath-house and while that's great for a lot of people, we woudln't pay 30% more to be surrounded by that environment. I'm glad you posted a different perspective. We'll likely try them one day.

For now, we've plans to go on Freedom in the fall, Mariner right around the time of your Atlantis week and Europe in the late summer 2007 (on Serenade, I think). A year ago we had never been on a cruise. Yup, we're hooked.

Hi...

ummm How are y'all holding rooms and putting deposits on rooms for this cruise? I went to what I think is the Atlantis website, didn't see anything, so I called the 800 number. The young lady said that it would be in the 2007 brochure that would be out next week and that she didn't have any pricing information and that they weren't taking any reservations.:eek:

Did I go to a 'phoney' sight? Is there somewhere else to look. My wife and I are booked on Celbrity in December, but we've both commented that we'd like to go on a 'gay' cruise. And I am dieing to get on Freedom.

Thanks for any info...

Ana

That is the real Charo between us. She was the opening night act. She was fabulous. Most people remember her from the Love Boat, but she is an incredibly talented classical/flamenco guitarist. She is also very funny and a talented singer and dancer. We loved her.

As far the the floating bathhouse goes... apparently if you were interesed in "shennanigans", the sauna all the time and one of the isolated forward decks late at night were the place to be. You really had to go out of your way to encounter it because we went everywhere except those places and never saw anything involving sex or nudity.

I've heard people compare it to being a small gay city on the ocean and it really is. There is something for everyone, whether naughty or nice :rolleyes: , but, as I said, you won't see the naughty unless you seek it out.

Good to know and I have to say, the Atlantis folks I've met here on cruise critic have all seemed nice and fairly lacking in attitude.

I like the floating gay city idea. We've attended a gay camp a couple of times and have loved the atmosphere for thesame reason.

Hi...

ummm How are y'all holding rooms and putting deposits on rooms for this cruise? I went to what I think is the Atlantis website, didn't see anything, so I called the 800 number. The young lady said that it would be in the 2007 brochure that would be out next week and that she didn't have any pricing information and that they weren't taking any reservations.:eek:

Did I go to a 'phoney' sight? Is there somewhere else to look. My wife and I are booked on Celbrity in December, but we've both commented that we'd like to go on a 'gay' cruise. And I am dieing to get on Freedom.

Thanks for any info...

Ana

Those of us that were on the cruise on the Navigator in January had the opportunity to book for next year while still on the ship. We did so. I believe it is Atlantis's practice to give alumni first dibs on the cruises before they open them up to the general public.

I'm unsure if I can post the url for the website here, so I won't. A Google search should take you right to it.

Schplinky- get thee on a gay cruise someday soon. Atlantis marketing brochures are not respresentative of the crowd, but I understand why Rich has to do it that way. That's the way marketing works.

I'm 40, single, cubish, and have the time of my life. On the recent 15th anniv cruise the crowd was squarely 35-45. The awesome thing is that everyone has fun no matter cute or average, wealthy or not, east or west, up late or not, etc. The night of the white party I was talking with two guys in their 70's. Their goal was to make it till 11:30pm. Sometime I can't even do that.

-Chris in DC

We are reserved on the Freedom, June 4. This is the first cruise. Final payment is due in 2 weeks. It was alot of money. Now we learned about Atlantis 2007. MY GF is leaving final decision up to me. If we cancel in June, we can afford 2 other cruises and the Atlantis one. TY Roadraad for the info!!!!!!!

I am torn. I like this schedule better. Help.:(

Sandy and Paula--

Whatever you do, DO NOT book an Atlantis Cruise!

Atlantis caters to the NY/LA/Circuit scene and their admirers.

I have friends who made the mistake of traveling with them on a number of their charters - attractive & charming men in their 30's and 40's - who felt out of place. One even shared a story of how the Atlantis MC announced that there were 1900-some-odd gay men aboard - and 8 lesbians. :eek:

Just look at the advertising - it's not inclusive or diverse at all.

If you want to party, I suggest sticking to RSVP (if you can deal w/ Princess Cruises), or the str8 cruises if you'd like to do the Caribbean...

Archived