Dining arrangements for solo passengers in Speciality restaurants Azura

annalong

Hi going solo on Azura in July to med and would like to book one or two speciality restruants. Can anyone tell me the seating arrangements for a solo passenger in this case...table by myself or join others. Thankyou

• Like 1

• Host Hattie changed the title to Dining arrangements for solo passengers in Speciality restaurants Azura

I have always been seated alone I have never been offered the option to sit with others and am not sure people booking speciality dining especially if they were celebrating a special occasion would welcome a stranger at their table and my preference in these circumstances would be to eat alone

Guest ccpm

Never known opportunities in the speciality restaurant to share but if you attend the solo meet ups on every ship held daily you could see if anyone else wants to go and make up a shared table that way.

When dining solo in Epicurean I was asked to join two people when I arrived on my recent Arvia cruise but the restaurant refused stating tables had been allocated as per reservations.  There had been a table for 2 next to the mum and her daughter who asked me to join them but according to the restaurant manager it would mess up his table allocation going forward.

Based on this I'd say if you want to join someone it is best to arrange in advance.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

When dining solo in Epicurean I was asked to join two people when I arrived on my recent Arvia cruise but the restaurant refused stating tables had been allocated as per reservations.  There had been a table for 2 next to the mum and her daughter who asked me to join them but according to the restaurant manager it would mess up his table allocation going forward.

Based on this I'd say if you want to join someone it is best to arrange in advance.

That seems really inflexible- am sure they could have managed as after all your table would then be free 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

We had a similar experience at a sidewalk cafe in the cathedral square in Cadiz, we sat down at a table for 4 at the same time as two men, but since it was the only vacant table in sight we agreed to share it.  But the cafe owner was very concerned as this table only had one number on his computer and he didn't seem able or willing to work out how he could cope with two sets of customers on one account.

Modern technology has a lot to answer for!!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

We had a similar experience at a sidewalk cafe in the cathedral square in Cadiz, we sat down at a table for 4 at the same time as two men, but since it was the only vacant table in sight we agreed to share it.  But the cafe owner was very concerned as this table only had one number on his computer and he didn't seem able or willing to work out how he could cope with two sets of customers on one account.

Modern technology has a lot to answer for!!!

In the days of old, when 2 groups of 2 sat at a table for 4 we split the bill, or worked out a method between us. Perhaps with the advent of modern technology, it is us humans who are failing. Just think. AI may prompt us to start using our brains again