Just back from Eastern VOS. Any ??

How was the ship? I have heard mixed reviews about this cruise.Went on this route years ago on "The Song of America" (since departed) from there line. Loved all the ports. Was the shopping still great in St. Thomas? Where was your stateroom. We are so spoiled can only do balcony now but usually put kids(should say young adults) across the hall in a inside. can't wait to read your review.:)

Pradagal,

These mixed reviews are nothing to worry about. I have been on the VOS twice and the last time was just about four months ago. The ship is still immaculate. There is tons to do. If you make the best of it you will have the time of your life period.

:)

I will be leaving in 2 1/2 weeks and would love to know which excursions everyone seemed to be buzzing about at Nassau, St. Thomas, and San Juan..

I would love to do the swim w/ the dolphins in Nassau, but they're booked and now I'm thinking of doing Yellowbird. San Juan rainforest would be great, but I hear RCCL excursion just doesn't give you enough time to see things. St. Thomas I'd love to snorkel, see the town, shop.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kim

On the Voyager there is free soft serve (chocolate and strawberry) on the pool deck , right by the sliding glass door . I wouldn't call it ice cream though . It's not like carvel, it's more like a ice milk. Not a very creamy consistancy. But on a hot day it's refreshing. The machine is cleaned and closed down every night, so it's not 24 hours. They do sell Ben and Jerrys in the Promenade Cafe for a price (i believe it's $4 for a cup). The dining room has real hard ice cream (i had an incredible banana carmel sundae one day at lunch). Johnny Rockets makes a really good Oreo Cookie sundae , this is included in the $3.95 charge.

The Voyager is incredible! I enjoy her much more than the Carnival Conquest. My review is here on the boards if you would like to read it.

RKAJ, I didn't save the Compass but I think you should be able to find them on the cruisediva site somewhere.

I was a bit disapointed with the Yellow Bird tour. We missed 100% of Nassau because the tour doesn't allow any extra time. It was also cold and windy when we went. Maybe if I would have downed about 15 of those little free rum punches (they were pretty watered down), maybe I wouldn't have felt the cold? :rolleyes:

In San Juan, we took the free city bus from the port to the fort. What a great deal! Other tours were offered for $40 each for the same thing and we didn't have to wait for the speaches! If you want history info on the fort, there is a free movie (about 12 minutes long) at the fort that explains all the history. After the fort visit we just walked back into town for some shopping. I really liked San Jaun. StThomas has some pushy jewlery vendors but I enjoyed the area.

In St Thomas we took a local taxi to Magen's Bay for a few glorious hours. That was so relaxing! Then back into town for some shopping.

captn337, The free ice cream is actually frozen yogurt but my "ice cream junkie" boyfriend approved of it. "looks like ice cream . . . ."

Pradagal, We had balcony cabin 7344 and we loved the location! It was only about 8 cabins from the aft elevators which put it right in the middle of all the action (except the shows in LaScalla).

If you plan to do any shopping in Labadee bring lots of smaller bills and put them in different pockets. It's impossible to break $100 bill! If you offer them $5, plan to give them $5. If they see more cash, they are more inclined to keep dealing with you though. I got $50 worth of stuff for $21 because that's all I pulled out of that pocket. :D

I just booked this cruise for next February. Glad to hear the great feedback on the ship.

My first question -- how was the piano bar? Did you venture in? Was it fun?

I think the cabins I booked are just a bit down from yours... but pretty close...glad to hear that worked out...

I will check with my DH to see what else he wants to know. The piano bar will be his first question too.

You can reserve a tour with Godfrey that will take you all over the island. We snorkeled at Coki Beach, shopped, went to the top of the island. I had heard about a dairy there that serves milkshakes with booze in em. Right near Megans Bay. Tell Godfrey you want to go there and he'll stop. Man they are truly the best milkshakes you'll ever have! His website is www.godfreytoursvi.com

We just got back off the same cruise and did the following excursions:

Swimming with dolphins: Nassau

Bike Tour: St. Thomas

ATV 4x4 - San Juan

Wave Runners: Labadee

We had the best time. I have all Cruise Campasses, but they have been borrowed. I will try and remember to post when I get them back.

We just got back off the same cruise and did the following excursions:

Swimming with dolphins: Nassau

Bike Tour: St. Thomas

ATV 4x4 - San Juan

Wave Runners: Labadee

We had the best time. I have all Cruise Campasses, but they have been borrowed. I will try and remember to post when I get them back.

YES! Please tell us about the 4 wheeler tour in San Juan. I have this booked next month, and have found NO information on it! Thanks!!! We are doing the waverunners in Labadee, too.

Judith, We didn't hang around the piano bar but when we passed through, 20 times, it looked like everybody was having a good time.

Hi Suzanne! I wondered how you & Ken were doing. Glad to hear you had a good cruise.

We're going to try for the Exotic Southern Caribbean cruise next year. I think it's 11 days long. With any luck we'll be able to sneak in a Mexican Rivera before the year is up so we can take the kids. :D

4x4 excursion

We had to depart the ship and meet the group for 8:00am. This excursion was full, with about 10 couples. We had a 45 minute drive to the farm near the rainforest, where we were fitted with helmets and water bottles. We had about a 10 minute talk on how to properly drive the 4x4 ATV. The ATV's looked to be relatively new, and were very big in size. There is a guide at the front of the goup, middle, and at the back. The ride is paced well for beginners. Advanced drivers may find it slow. The ride is about 2 hours in length, including a few stops for pictures and commentary. At the end of the tour, there is a chance to buy pictures taken from the tour guide and there place that offers food and drinks.

I would encourage people to try this excursion. We had a great time!!!

4x4 excursion

We had to depart the ship and meet the group for 8:00am. This excursion was full, with about 10 couples. We had a 45 minute drive to the farm near the rainforest, where we were fitted with helmets and water bottles. We had about a 10 minute talk on how to properly drive the 4x4 ATV. The ATV's looked to be relatively new, and were very big in size. There is a guide at the front of the goup, middle, and at the back. The ride is paced well for beginners. Advanced drivers may find it slow. The ride is about 2 hours in length, including a few stops for pictures and commentary. At the end of the tour, there is a chance to buy pictures taken from the tour guide and there place that offers food and drinks.

I would encourage people to try this excursion. We had a great time!!!

Thank you. We are looking forward to this excursion. Do you have to be 16 to drive the 4wheelers? Younger ds will be about 6 weeks from turning 16 and he is hoping to operate his own. I told him not to get his hopes up, though...

Archived