Balcony cabin - higher or lower deck make any difference?

Hi there - we have a Balcony cabin booked on the Prima for our cruise in August, on Deck 10 mid - front of the ship. I'm really happy with this location, and when we booked this balcony category only deck 9 or 10 were available to choose from.  I see that now some cabins on deck 11 , 12, 13 are available and I was wondering if there's any benefit to moving higher up at all? They're the same category so no difference in price. Thanks for any advice/observations 🙂

Well, obviously the view is better - but perhaps only marginally. For me, it would depend on how much farther/closer I would be from the dining areas I would likely eat at the most. Prima seems to have quite the selections on decks 6,7,8, and 17. Since I would personally be using the lower deck dining options, I would stay lower.

Edited by tscoffey

If the cabin is not connected, then it checks all the boxes for the "ideal" cabin. We had a balcony mid-ship on deck 10 and loved it. Super quiet.

We like deck 10 because of the convenient access to 6,7, 8 without always having to rely on the elevators. The upper deck action basically starts on deck 17, so maybe deck 13 would be better for you. It also checks all the boxes.

• Like 1

On Prima there is the large waterfront area on deck 8. Cabins on deck 9 don't offer much privacy with people right down below.  I was on deck 10 and didn't feel like anyone could look directly into my cabin but also didn't feel like I had as much privacy when on my balcony.  If I had a choice, I think I would have picked a cabin a few decks higher.

I did check that we weren't overlooking the walkway on deck 8, but we're a lot further forward than the infinity pools, mid ship just behind the forward elevators. That makes great sense about proximity to deck 6,7,8 without using the lifts, so that makes my decision! Will stick with the great cabin that we have! Thanks 🙂

• Like 2