Stay Compliance US Customs and Border.

Marmadukes

I have just received an email from P&O and they have they have said that the Ventura have processed our departure from the USA from our last port of call.

They are now in contact with the CBP to ensure that our departure from America has been correctly recorded.,

Hopefully this will show on our 1-94 in the next few days.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2023 at 10:35 AM, Marmadukes said:

This morning I received an email from the US indicating that I only had 10 days left on my stay there. My first thoughts were that this was a phishing attempt to obtain my personal details but after checking around it appeared genuine. We were on the Ventura's trip to New Orleans in March this year (N306) and entered the USA on 21st March which tallys exactly with the dates in the email. I have checked on the official US site and it is showing that (according to them) we are still in the USA. I have written to them querying the situation and asking what we need to do to resolve it (if anything).

Has anyone else received such an e-mail and if so how was it resolved?

Hope you got through immigration o.k. thought it was a nightmare. Some didn't get to go ashore until 4.30 in the afternoon meaning two days in New Orleans ended up as one and a bit. When a ship has some 2,400 passengers and around 1,200 crew you would think that they could have a few more than five or six processing passports, esta's, finger prints and photo's. I found it quicker on a previous cruise when immigration came aboard and New York was definitely quicker than New Orleans.

1 hour ago, shipper23 said:

I have just received an email from P&O and they have they have said that the Ventura have processed our departure from the USA from our last port of call.

They are now in contact with the CBP to ensure that our departure from America has been correctly recorded.,

Hopefully this will show on our 1-94 in the next few days.

I have received the same email, I will let you know if I see my 1-94 updated with a departure date.

• 2 weeks later...

If it is of any consolation. Disney is having the same problem. For myself the Disney Wonder starting Vancouver where you are checked by US customs before entering Alaska, but on return, you can walk right off. And also the Disney Dream on the transatlantic from the US to Europe also has problems. 

Disney claims they did everything they had to, but still, several ESTA users on these cruises all report that their I94 status isnt updated.

• 3 weeks later...

I have also heard nothing from the USA customs and are still listed as being in the country.

It has been 4 weeks since I have overstayed my visit and I would have thought that P&O would have resolved it by now.

I will give it another 2 weeks and if I am still supposed to be in the USA I will email  P&O again, however when I was reading todays Sunday newspaper I read an article on the Holiday Q&A page and found that someone else had written about this cruise and they also had an email regarding still being in the USA.

This is the advice the Holiday Guru states:

See Last Post

Advice from Holiday Guru

This sound odd. Go to i94.cbp.dhs.gov and search for /get most recent 1-94/, then follow the procedures.

I will be trying this out tomorrow.

Hope it helps.

Will you let me know if you have any success as I am not very good on computers.

My experiences with Disney Cruise Line regarding this issue. 

As more guests on the Disney Cruise Line have run into this problem, they have assigned 1 agent to deal with us all. She says that they did everything they could and that there isn't a problem, according to the CBP. There is nothing more they can do. 

The experience we (me and the other guests) with both DCL and the CBP have: you have to keep calling. If an e-mail at the CBP isn't picked up within their time limit (which is 6 working days, I think), it gets filed without being handled. 

Last week I called the CBP again and they initially wanted me to send them a statement from the cruiseline that I had left the cruise. Which I had already send them with a copy of my boarding pass for my flight home. 

So then they asked to e-mail them some general details, name, DOB, vessel etc. and a copy of my passport. As soon as the 6 working days are over, I'll call them again. 

One guest has now booked a new transatlantic cruise, WBTA, to handle the issue when they arrive in the US. Another one got a phone confirmation from the CBP that in the system they can see it's all good, so she booked another holiday in the US, and is going to hope for the best.