Discovery Princess: Showers in Fitness/Spa

drwbrt

I've read a lot about some of the other ships having showers available to the spa and fitness center that can be used by any guest.  I saw several ships mentioned but never Discovery.  Can anyone confirm that there are showers available in the locker/changing room either at the fitness center or the spa specifically on Discovery Princess.  Are they at both locations, or just one?  Are lockers available?

4 minutes ago, notatubaplayer said:

Generally the Royal class ships have very minimal locker room facilities.  I do not think they have showers or free access to steamroom/saunas.  

I was worried this was the case.  Thanks for the info.

Actually Royal class ships do have showers as part of the gym - 2 next to the men's lockers and 2 next to the women's lockers -  one being accessible - we took some pics on request while on the Sky Princess Med inaugural. Here are the ones in the women's section:

image.thumb.jpeg.6a1e9548ece05754219969b2efba6995.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.98d99530cf6f3f292cde5788b21b32e0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.52d5e12782abfa2591733add3ef919d1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b391b947e1cae2d7dbfac1259967e76d.jpeg

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

Correct; I was on the Royal Princess last month and they had 2 showers in the women's locker room. The sauna/steam room was only if you paid for the Enclave therapy area.

There were lockers but strangely enough, they did not lock so I only kept clothes in there...no valuables (they had a sign about not keeping valuables there because of lack of locks).

I didn't notice any showers in the fitness center but then again, I wasn't looking for them.

Edited by SuzieQ521

I'm on the Discovery now and have been going to the fitness center every day but never noticed any showers. So after reading your question today, I looked further and found the showers / locker room on the other side of a door in the bathroom marked only "Exit". Perhaps Princess should change the door signage.

14 hours ago, Shawn5 said:Perhaps Princess should change the door signage.

Please don’t suggest this. Haha. I’d like it to be as secret as possible. Seriously though, thanks for the live confirmation. 

• Like 1

Sorry...off the ship now but vaguely recall that the Enclave was open 8am-9pm. Don't quote me on this. I was given free, cruise-long access to the Enclave early on because they messed up my spa appointment time (it all worked out fine), but I never ended up going to the Enclave.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Shaw5! These look like they could be bigger than stateroom showers.  My DH can barely use the tiny shower in our travel trailer because of hardware in his back, and I suspect he could have the same issue in our stateroom.  This could help him out.

• Like 1