Barcelona Cruiseport Transportation

mertziek

You might want to consider the local port shuttle (the T3 port bus), which is almost certainly cheaper than the cruise company's own shuttles. I think it is 3 euros one way or 4.5 euros return. Drop off is the World Trade Centre, close to Las Ramblas. The bus takes cash or you can pay online with a card, I think.

Last time we were in Barcelona we just walked into the city (a bit of a trek but it's OK if reasonably fit!)

Yeah, if we are there on a port stop then we walk, as it is quite an easy walk, but if we wanted to use transport then we would use the local shuttle.

From memory (I have never looked too hard as we do walk), I’m not sure that NCL offer a shuttle as the port shuttle does the job.

5 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Yeah, if we are there on a port stop then we walk, as it is quite an easy walk, but if we wanted to use transport then we would use the local shuttle.

From memory (I have never looked too hard as we do walk), I’m not sure that NCL offer a shuttle as the port shuttle does the job.

We were in Barcelona a few weeks ago when Norwegian Star was in the next berth but I can't recall whether passengers were lining up for a cruise line shuttle as we walked past the ship. Cruise lines do normally like to run a shuttle as another overpriced money-making opportunity though!

Last visit we spent a day in the Montjuic area up on the hill, which has so much to see. Anyone going there would definitely be better off walking, given its location relative to the cruise berths.

It's a huge port with berths for 7 ships, each with its own terminal ... depending on your dock, can be a very, very long walk out to the statue / bottom or port end of La Rambla.  Taxis are plentiful & inexpensive, or use Cabify app instead of Uber. 

PXL_20230507_072756951.jpg

PXL_20230507_072657701.jpg

PXL_20230507_053541240.jpg

Edited by mking8288

If you have a particular attraction you want to see, it might be better to get transport direct to another part of the city, than to get off near Las Ramblas.

Last time I was in Barcelona, P&O were running charged-for shuttles. I think a lot of passengers didn't know about the port bus.

There were plenty of taxis too. I might be misremembering but I think there were signs in place, publishing typical fares to main attractions.