Studios; is the lounge open 24/7?

caliSue1234

On 6/9/2023 at 4:40 PM, dbrown84 said:

it is open 24/7.  The snacks are free as well as the coffee and tea.  The alcohol is not free, unless you have the drink package.  and it's only available when there is a bartender there.  Assuming it's a lounge with a bar.  They don't all have a bar.  For the ones with the wine dispenser, you have to always pay for that.  It's not included in the drink package

I attempted to clarify the self serve alcohol both on board and post cruise with NCL but never did get any information on this.

I understand it's in the terms and conditions of the drink package, but honest question: what's the difference between swiping my card at the machine in the lounge vs handing it to a staff member at a bar? If I have the drink package then I won't be charged and if I don't have the drink package, then the cost of the drink is added to the on board account.

22 minutes ago, eileeshb said:

Escape doesn’t have a bar at all so it’s just a waiter that takes orders about the time of the daily meet-up, there is the coffee machine and a selection of tea bags in addition to some ice water and snacks

This is the same on the other two BA+ ships with Studio cabins (there are 4 total BA+ ships but the Joy does not have Studio cabins/lounge).

On the Escape the wine machine in the Studio Lounge is for wine that is not included the standard FAS drinks package, hence will be charged to your account - there is signage on the machine to explain. I believe a similar machine is in the buffet.

On the Prima there was a soft drink machine and a drinks machine in the Lounge that included some wine and some mixed drinks. I believe the Prima drinks were included in FAS drinks packages, but both machines were generally out of order the two weeks I was on board.