Alaska Cruisetours

mertziek

Thinking about doing an Alaska Cruisetour in 2025.  Anyone done a cruisetour to Alaska and can tell me about them?  Also, no Alaska cruisetours listed yet for 2025 so any idea when we might see them available to book?  TIA

Did a 7-day tour in September 2019, Anchorage to Seward.  Loved it, thinking about doing it again.  I suggest doing it pre-cruise just for convenience.  On the cruisetour you have to pack-up and move every day or 2, so getting on the cruise and not having to repack seems to be more relaxing to me.

As to when they might be available to book, they are contracted out, just like excursions.  So I'd guess maybe 12-18 months in advance.  They pretty much do similar ones every year as far as I know, so you should be able to get an idea by looking at the 2025 Alaska cruises, although they might not all be posted yet.  Jade seems to be the only candidate at this time, going between Whittier and Vancouver.

Please keep an eye on the Alaska board to see the status of fixing the road in Denali.  The Alaska board is talking about significant overruns, but hopefully it will be fixed by 2025.

Please also note that this cruise tour can be easily independently planned, but ultimately that's your choice.