Disembarking in Southampton

saturdaychef

Depends where you are coming from, on May 12th it was a nightmare from the Canaries cruise.. Border force decided to do luggage check and people were still getting off at 10/10.30. . I suppose that can happen at any time.

2 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Depends where you are coming from, on May 12th it was a nightmare from the Canaries cruise.. Border force decided to do luggage check and people were still getting off at 10/10.30. . I suppose that can happen at any time.

I would always plan for that on a cruise that includes the Canaries due to cigarette smuggling, much less likely on one with just ports inside the EU Customs territory. 

We have done quite few Virtuosa Southampton it can be very variable

one trip the ship did not dock till 11:45am due to the French strikes.

Another there was face to face immigration that delayed everyone

One thing to look out for is every man women scooter pushchair with all their bags will be doing the easy walk off, seem the line snake half the length of the ship.

As MSC don't kick you off what we do now is take it easy getting ready, plan to leave cabin as late as possible 8am+ or a bit earlier if ready,  go have breakfast in the buffet(which is clearing) then just wait around for everyone to clear the ship.

Unless there are other delays, unlikely with the sea day and 7am schedule  by 10am lines are gone  your bags are alone in the hall, most have cleared off to their cars/coaches, no line for taxis(station walkable).

We drive so also  miss the early rush hour our goal is be home by lunch and most of the time we manage with no rushing.

Unless such a long way you need early transport I would just aim for the leisure option.

• Like 1