st maarten atv tour

was wondering about the st maarten atv tour, on rci's website it says the following,"The minimum age to operate an ATV is 18. Limited to 1 person per vehicle." I assume this means that myself and my 15 year old daughter are allowed to share one vehicle?

Ron

was wondering about the st maarten atv tour, on rci's website it says the following,"The minimum age to operate an ATV is 18. Limited to 1 person per vehicle." I assume this means that myself and my 15 year old daughter are allowed to share one vehicle?

Ron

I would read that as you have to be 18 to operate and only one person per vehicle?? so no sharing?

I would read that as you have to be 18 to operate and only one person per vehicle?? so no sharing?

If this was the case why would they allow children to go? They can't drive the vehicle so the only way they could go is to ride on the back of the atv with their parent. What do you think?

Ron

I just read the listing on RCCL, it doesn't say children can go, it gives a childs price, but its the same as the adult, which would make me think you have to be 18 or above.

The reason I was interested is this is something new, I was just there in November, and spend two weeks a year there since 1983 in April and have never heard of this or alot of the new excursions!

I would check out the Americas Cup racing or the Hidden Forst tour (Loterie Farm), I have never did the zip lines, but hope to in 24 days!!!

I just read the listing on RCCL, it doesn't say children can go, it gives a childs price, but its the same as the adult, which would make me think you have to be 18 or above.

The reason I was interested is this is something new, I was just there in November, and spend two weeks a year there since 1983 in April and have never heard of this or alot of the new excursions!

I would check out the Americas Cup racing or the Hidden Forst tour (Loterie Farm), I have never did the zip lines, but hope to in 24 days!!!

I understand what you say but wonder why they even put a price for a child when they aren't eligible to particpate. Will look into the other tours then.

Ron

Ron, I also was interested in this excursion for my family. We have a son who will be almost 16 at the time we sail and wanted to try to double up on one ATV, like they allow you to do in Aruba. It seems that it's a no go. From everything I've read they only allow 1 per ATV and the minimum age to drive is 18...I agree it's odd that they would even post a childs price when there is no way a child can go on this excursion. I even tried to find an independent excursion on ATVs, but was unable to locate one. There is a place that rents ATVs, but no "tour", you're on your own and even those if I remember properly are for 1 person only. If you are able to find anything, please post as I'd be interested also.

We did the ATV ride in St Marteen last year. We own 2 large ATVs here in our area where we have a 7000 acre ATV park and ride quite abit.

The ATVs in St Marteen are 125 in size, automatic, and have license tags on them as they are registered like cars. No way 2 people could fit on one of those things, BTW.

Don't know why they would have 2 prices. Do figure the age requirement is the governments. Here in our area of Ky, you can ride 2/10 of a mile on the highway to get from one location to another and can ride on certain highways that are designated ATV use, but have to be 16 years old and have a driver's license.

Getting back to the ATV excursion, there were only about 10 of us. Ride takes you on the highway thru the town, along the beaches, over to the other side of St Marteen with a beach stop.

Didn't have any children with us. Everyone was pretty much young couples or young guys.

Dave

It was ok. The tour thru the towns, riding by the beach, beach stop were fine. They took you thru a poor side of town where you could play on dirt roads and the water stunk. I think it was more exciting for us just to be able to ride in a foreign country, take pics to send back to our ATV friends, etc.

Glad I did it the first time, but would not do it again.

Just something different to do. It will not be the highlight excursion of your cruise, more something to write home about to your ATV friends. I guess I would say it was ok to do, and say "well been there and done that"

Dave

Thanks DaveKY,

My husband sold his ATV to help pay for the 3 car garage we built for him, so I keep an eye out for any ATV excursions just for him to do. I am sure he will long to be back on his four wheeling vehicle. With all the building in our state and our county, there was just no where to ride anymore, same for me with the horses. Sometimes you just want to move to one of the islands to get away from all the building and rude people that think rules do not apply to them.

Thanks again.

Archived