iPhone SE Gen2 for a 12-day timelapse?

Bibblejw

I'm going on a 12-day cruise of the baltics from 01/07, and happen to have upgraded my phone recently, so I've got my old one kicking around not doing much. Couple that with having just found out that we've upgraded to a suite at the front of the ship, and I was thinking that a time-lapse of the whole trip would be something to have, particularly with the scenery around there!

What I'm going to note is that, from a photography standpoint, I'm more or less a complete newbie. I've taken the standard amount of photos, and try to keep a couple of the principles that I've heard about (rule of thirds, etc.) in mind, but it's not something that I've practiced with any great gusto. What I do have is some tech that I don't massively care about not getting back, some play money that I can put into some accessories (cables, batteries, mounts, etc.), especially if they're going to be of any further use down the line, and a good opportunity with a ton of interesting scenery and things going on.

What I'm looking for is any guidance that anyone can give about what to think about, anything that's worth picking up, whether I'm asking in completely the wrong place, or whether it's a terrible idea to begin with!

My basic thought is to grab a tripod or window mount and stick it to the inside, throw on the large battery (20000mAH) and leave it to do it's thing. Might also look to get a more considerable thing together and attatch it to the balcony to give it a more unobstructed view, but that brings issues with waterproofing and the like.