Saga Approved Power Outlet Strip

Snowyspan

Hi everyone

This is only my 3rd cruise, and my first cruise in a while, and first time with a saga.

I’m confused about which outlet strip is acceptable on. Saga Cruise.

Some instructions say no extension lead allowed.

Some say Non surge type, others word it no surge. I’m guessing that’s the same thing?

I know the sockets on the ship are UK, so I’m concerned that the extension lead might not have a UK plug on the end too.

can anyone share a link of one they’ve bought for a saga cruise.

Your best bet is to contact Saga, explain why you want to take an extension lead and what you want to use it for, and ask them what types, if any, they accept.

We have several devices that need charging on a cruise, most of them with USB connectors,and simply take their own charging cables and a couple of 3pin plugs.

You can buy 3pin plugs that have 2 USB outlets to charge 2 USB devices at once, and the ship also has USB socket by the bed (2 in a twin cabin) so USB devices can be plugged straight in without a 3pin plug.

Can't remember how many3pin  wall sockets there are - I think it was two, although we had to unplug the TV to use one.

It would be very unusual for every single device that you take to need charging at the same time, so not sure why you want to take an extension lead with a multiple power strip attachment.

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it.

If there is two plugs at the dressing table it will be fine, it’s just when you have a hair dryer and straighteners to use, you need more than one socket.

I have bought a USB adapter and I know they have them in the room. It’s just what’s available at the dressing table/desk. 

I’m sure I’ll survive. 😊 

Hopefully somebody who can remember the sockets will come along with accurate information.

There is a hairdryer in the cabin, and IF my memory serves me correctly, it has a continental plug so you unplug the kettle (which is on the dressing table) and plug in the hairdryer.

Saga are pretty good at finding things out for you, so try emailing customer services, telling them what your cabin number is, and asking how many 3pin sockets it has and where they are.

They won't know the answer, but will probably email the ship and ask them for the information.

If you go on to the Saga Spirit of Discovery website (link below), you will find a section dealing with cabins. For each grade of cabin you can click on a 360 degree view, so you can look round the whole cabin and should (just about!) be able to see what sockets are available and where. 

Spirit Of Discovery Cabin Information Guide For Guests (saga.co.uk)