Question - Valiant Lady

ldbeav

Our friends are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary on this cruise.  

VV Valiant is aware of this monumental celebration.  Do they send flowers, balloons, and/or other items to the room? 

If not, can we buy these items on board?

no and no - they may get a bottle of champagne/sparkling wine and some extra attention at one dinner, but no flowers onboard other than the ones they have decorating certain venues, and no balloons, as they're super bad for the environment.

• Like 1

VV  has a pretty bad history of even remembering celebrations that have been noted and then confirmed with Sailor Services.  You can have a bottle of wine or champagne sent to them if you wish.  Or, depending on how much you want to spend, you could call your travel agent and have the "Splash of Romance" package added to their reservation as a gift from you.  It wouldn't be a surprise as it will show up on their reservation,

• Thanks 1

Mention it to their or your room steward and to the host of the restaurant you’ll be celebrating at. They do flag your account but some don’t see that notification. The host at Pink Agave was the first to notice it a few days past the date, it’s possible shore side flagged the wrong date. This was a few months ago.

Another question from this first time VV Valiant Lady sailors.  Do they allow magnetic posters on the outside cabin doors (Happy 50th Anniversary)

Edited by ldbeav

7 minutes ago, ldbeav said:

Another question from this first time VV Valiant Lady sailors.  Do they allow magnetic posters on the outside cabin doors (Happy 50th Anniversary)

Don’t know if it’s actually allowed or not, but on Resilent Lady this week we walked past two cabins with birthday posters on the door. 

They do not seem to enforce it, but technically according to their website door decorations are not allowed.  

"Can I decorate my cabin door?

We think our lady ships look fabulous as they are, and door decorations inevitably lead to unsightly damage."  

1 hour ago, ldbeav said:

They request no door decorations, but I've never seen any enforcement of the request.  There are always a few people who choose to not follow, but it isn't like on other lines.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2023 at 2:51 PM, ldbeav said:

We took magnetic vinyls on Valiant Lady that you could put on a fridge and placed them on our door and then down the corridor. As long as the staff can see that they aren't going to cause any damage to the walls, they were cool with them.

• Thanks 1

On 6/22/2023 at 1:56 PM, cantgetin said:

"Allow" is an interesting word.  Their written policy says no door decorations and most sailors follow that.  However, I've seen a few and they weren't removed.

i've decorated for 3 cruises now (first one I didn't because I wasn't sure)... our cabin steward on the first cruise (which was Christmas) left our lights on the door, but we were using scotch tape and not magnets. On the 2nd one where I tried it, they moved our magnet items to the wall instead of on the door. So that's what I did on the last one and nothing was touched. I find the decorations super helpful to quickly locate my room but understand why they wouldn't want the and would not have a problem with it if they told me no I couldn't do it.

• Thanks 1