November cruising Barcelona to Portugal... weather?

Hello!  Very interested in feedback from folks that have done a Western Mediterranean cruise in November... how did you find the weather?  Looks like that area is typically in the mid 60s - mid 70s during the day at that point on the calendar, which sounds good for touring.  At the same time, I do love the summer heat for sitting poolside / swimming at the beach.  If you have been on a similar voyage, how did you find the weather?  TIA!

Hi NxN:

We did a 42 day Ft. Lauderdale to Athens and back November/December 2016 (HAL).  I looked through all the photos and we were either in short sleeves or light windbreakers throughout.  We had lunch outside in Corfu on Nov 17th (first day of Beaujolais!), and they lowered the awning for us 'cuz the sun was melting us.  So it can be very nice.  Then again, the Mediterranean can rear it's ugly head when it fells like it...   I guess we were lucky that year because that did not happen. 

Along the way, we completed the 18,000 piece puzzle in only 31 days!  And our team won the transatlantic boat building competition with our square-rigged Caravel ... 🙂

DSC02440.thumb.JPG.2a3a2c6e377658e80dfc9decd709b946.JPG

We chose to do the Greek Isles/Turkey/Venice this year in late October- November on the Encore because Seattlites do not do hot weather...

D

"Phil" cornered us and twisted our arms to help him.  He had a big book about old ships and was really inspired to try to make this.  The rule was that you could only use stuff from the ship (and then you had to put it back).  We used dental floss to sew everything and had no idea if it would even float until we put it in the water.  Won a bottle of Champagne!  🙂  There were other really creative ships in the competition.  Apparently, this competition is done often on transatlantic cruises.  Anyway, it was a lot of fun for everyone.

Note: this was heading back across the Atlantic on December 6th and everyone around the pool was in short sleeves!

3 hours ago, DTtravelers said:

Hi NxN:

We did a 42 day Ft. Lauderdale to Athens and back November/December 2016 (HAL).  I looked through all the photos and we were either in short sleeves or light windbreakers throughout.  We had lunch outside in Corfu on Nov 17th (first day of Beaujolais!), and they lowered the awning for us 'cuz the sun was melting us.  So it can be very nice.  Then again, the Mediterranean can rear it's ugly head when it fells like it...   I guess we were lucky that year because that did not happen. 

Along the way, we completed the 18,000 piece puzzle in only 31 days!  And our team won the transatlantic boat building competition with our square-rigged Caravel ... 🙂

DSC02440.thumb.JPG.2a3a2c6e377658e80dfc9decd709b946.JPG

We chose to do the Greek Isles/Turkey/Venice this year in late October- November on the Encore because Seattlites do not do hot weather...

D

Fabulous boat! See you on the Encore this fall.  Fingers crossed for good weather.