Arcadia to Iceland - do we or don't we?

Presto2

1 hour ago, snaefell said:

Agree,looking at other cruises on her & they seem pretty expensive,no 7 nights for £499 like I see advertised for Arvia & Iona,attracting many oldies I hear but to me speaks volumes about which is the nicer ship to cruise on!

I dont imagine that Arcadia's pricing is because it's nicer, it's just easier to fill a 2000 berth ship  than a 5200 one.

We have only been on Arcadia once, however if it had similar sized  accessible balcony cabins to its bigger sisters, then we would be happy to try her again. Although I was disappointed with its poor atrium, I did like the size of the standard balcony cabins, and their balconies, liked the theatre and the dining room as well. 

For those of you that enjoy cruises on her I do hope the proposed refurb is extensive and gives her a new lease of life.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I dont imagine that Arcadia's pricing is because it's nicer, it's just easier to fill a 2000 berth ship  than a 5200 one.

We have only been on Arcadia once, however if it had similar sized  accessible balcony cabins to its bigger sisters, then we would be happy to try her again. Although I was disappointed with its poor atrium, I did like the size of the standard balcony cabins, and their balconies, liked the theatre and the dining room as well. 

For those of you that enjoy cruises on her I do hope the proposed refurb is extensive and gives her a new lease of life.

We are all different & I thought the glass skylight over the atrium was beautiful!

You meet so many on board who 'know' exactly what the future holds,for some she is old,doesn't fit in & is 'on her way',others claim she is definitely having a major refur b in September 2024 & is 'here to stay',given that she is due to leave early September for the USA that just shows how definite these ideas can be!😮

• Like 1