Laundry offer on board

We prepaid before we sailed and paid $76USD for 40 pieces.

Then whilst on board near the end of our cruise, we received a flyer in our room for $40USD for 40 pieces.

Was a bit annoyed but Guest Services could not adjust our laundry bill.

Laundry soap is very different and we ended up laundering again once we disembarked.

Next time will not use the laundry service.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 6:43 AM, 4sallypat said:

We prepaid before we sailed and paid $76USD for 40 pieces.

Then whilst on board near the end of our cruise, we received a flyer in our room for $40USD for 40 pieces.

I have a 16 day MSC cruise in the fall and was planning on buying the 40/$76 package.  Your comment gives me pause. How long was your cruise?  I googled and couldn't find any other reference to the $40 onboard special.  I'm tempted to wait - but - if they only offer the special when they aren't busy, I would also think the % of passengers on a longer cruise would utilize Laundry, meaning the likelihood of the $40 onboard special may be slim.  What are your thoughts.  I def want laundry, but also don't want to over pay.

3 minutes ago, alanschiff said:

I have a 16 day MSC cruise in the fall and was planning on buying the 40/$76 package.  Your comment gives me pause. How long was your cruise?  I googled and couldn't find any other reference to the $40 onboard special.  I'm tempted to wait - but - if they only offer the special when they aren't busy, I would also think the % of passengers on a longer cruise would utilize Laundry, meaning the likelihood of the $40 onboard special may be slim.  What are your thoughts.  I def want laundry, but also don't want to over pay.

So...I have something very similar...21 day I'm taking next month. We ended up buying the laundry package for the below reasons...that being said, I was still pissed af at the huge price increase.

1) We will need to do laundry in the middle of the cruise and not the end

2) They may not (as you mentioned) offer it onboard. However, we get 15% off packages as diamond so technically waiting we could get the same pre cruise price, but the stress (and the fact that MSC may not honor the diamond discount) made us decide against that.

3) The difference in price is only $36. It's more of a "principle" thing than an actual cost thing. When you step back and think objectively about it, it isn't that big of a deal.

4) We just got back from a HAL cruise where we paid $147 for unlimited laundry and were really happy with the price. Here, again, psychology comes into play. "Unlimited" for a, relatively, low price made us happy. But the reality is we only did about 60 or 70 items (and we were sending laundry about every other day for 2 weeks). Math-wise this is a *worse* deal than the 40 for $76, Now, we could split it up, use it whenever we wanted, etc., but overall cost-wise it was about the same.

49 minutes ago, alanschiff said:

Since we were already in Greece ahead of time before our cruise, I figured the pre-boarding laundry would come in handy.

Whilst on board near the end of our 7 day cruise, the coupon / flyer was included with our daily event planner left by our room steward.

The coupon irritated me as it was almost half the price of pre-boarding booking price even with the 20% off I got...

As for the quality - very commercial but neatly folded & hanged.  The soap they use smelled very different and lingered. Didn't seem to be allergic to my skin but next time I will only launder outwear....

Edited by 4sallypat