VA verandah - how much storage?

dsawyer

WE leave for The Noordam one week from Friday. We are in an outside verandah VA cabin. I have read there is little drawer space in the dressers on Vista class ships and am wondering if there is a closet of shelves or am I stuck trying to hang everything?

Thanks for your help.

WE leave for The Noordam one week from Friday. We are in an outside verandah VA cabin. I have read there is little drawer space in the dressers on Vista class ships and am wondering if there is a closet of shelves or am I stuck trying to hang everything?

Thanks for your help.

The other Vista ships have shelves in some of the closet area that can be folded up for hanging garments or left down for shelf storage. There are also 2 small drawers in each nightstand.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Thanks, for that info. So if one leaves the shelves intact, than there is no hanging space?

Will I have enough room for all my belongings for a 11 day cruise? I guess I can always leave clothes in my suitcase under my bed if I have to. :confused:

There are 4 closet sections (unless you are in a connecting room). One section has the safe with shelves above and below--the life jackets are usually in this section, also, but there's plenty of storage above and below the safe. The basket and bag for laundry is at the bottom of this section. The section next to it has the fold down/up shelves so that you can use it for either hanging or flat storage. You will still have two roomy sections(it's actually a closet with double doors) for hanging items, with room at the bottom of this area for shoes, bags etc. I always overpack and have never run out of room for storage. What I really missed in the VA on the Zuiderdam was the drawer space for cameras, sunblock, maps, etc. I had read about the over-door shoe holders (with clear pockets) and happened to bring one along on that cruise--it was a lifesaver! We hung it on the outside of the bathroom door and it stored everything we normally used the desk/dresser for--with room to spare. I won't ever travel without it again. On the Westerdam we sprang for an SS, so storage was absolutely no problem and I didn't need the shoe holder. Nevertheless, it will always go with me whenever we plan to stay somewhere more than a day or two. There also is usually storage in the end tables and ottoman.

DS--

Dont forget that you have two nightstands w/ 2 drawers each, as well as the 2 bed drawers at the ends of the beds.

If there are linens in these drawers, just ask your steward to remove them so that you can use the space.

Enjoy Noordam - you're gonna love her!

Archived