Insurance

Fionboard

32 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Anyone know of a company who will exclude certain conditions? I have a condition with conflicting test results (i.e. might or might not have it) but if I declare it my premuims quadruple! 

You could have a look at goodtogo. When DW was on a waiting list they were happy to cover her ,just not for cancellation.  A call may be better than online.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I have always found with those maybe/maybe not you need to ring and discuss rather than an online quote. My mum had to do that with staysure whilst waiting on test results.

Yes I think that would be best, although I don't think anyone will have a problem getting an insurance company NOT to cover you for something 😉

• Thanks 1

I have holidayextras - they said that if the condition was being treated with medication or in hospital or as an outpatient then you need to declare it.

if it does not require medication or hospital or outpatient treatment you don’t.

Edited by paulatsea

36 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

I have holidayextras - they said that if the condition was being treated with medication or in hospital or as an outpatient then you need to declare it.

if it does not require medication or hospital or outpatient treatment you don’t.

Also if you had been referred for tests or investigation. I asked this in relation to a new condition.

12 hours ago, Waju said:

Yes I think that would be best, although I don't think anyone will have a problem getting an insurance company NOT to cover you for something 😉

Thanks. Have spoken to a few.  All conditions on medical record, or none has been the answer so far. Will keep trying!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulatsea said:

I have been told if a condition is mentioned on medical record it must be declared, even if not definately diagnosed. Will talk to them again. 

22 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Thanks for your responses. It is a conundrum stopping me from cruising outside Europe at present. 

A good while ago I spoke to a bank about their insurance with 'paid for' current accounts.  I'm 99% sure it was Lloyds and they told me you must declare everything BUT you can choose not to have it covered.

• Thanks 2

Declare everything. Otherwise you run the risk of a claim being denied. I fell foul of this once. Never again.

Some insurers will cover you if you are waiting for hospital treatment. But we were unable to find anyone  who would offer cover for a condition "awaiting diagnosis". So, we've been unable to travel since early  autumn last year, which  meant we had to cancel plans for two cruises and our usual long winter stay in the Canaries. With a diagnosis now sorted, we've been able to get cover with All Clear but it comes at a heck of a cost. Annual policy, for both of us, including cruise but excluding North America - just over £1400.  Plus the fifteen quid it's just cost to amend the policy to include my psoriasis for which I have prescrip[tion medication (which I'd forgotten to mention) and the fact I recently consulted the GP about a pain in my knee - xrayed and nothing found and the pain has subsided.

• Thanks 1