What time can you board PoA?

lilyhammer

I wish the search function would come back as I'm sure this has been asked many times before. I was wondering if any recent cruisers could tell me when you are allowed to board the PoA. The intinerary says it doesn't set sail until 10pm, but the previous ship disembarks rather early. Most of the cruises I've taken before allowed you to start boarding around 11am-1pm, but I'm sure the American crew might need some extra time to turn around the rooms. Anybody know? Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the response. I was actually asking about Pride of Aloha, but I figure they are probably going to be similar. So if you are allowed to board but your cabin isn't ready, what do you do with your carry-on bags? Are you allowed to drop them off in your room or do you have to haul them around the ship?

We were jsut on the POA 2 weeks ago. We had a pre cruise stay at the marriot and we were bused over to ship at 115-130, we went thru secuirty got our cruise cards, and went right up to our cabin, most of our luggage was waiting for us in the hall. I think 2 pieces were yet to arrive. We made note of that to our steward and it arrived in a matter of minutes. If you are embarking at Honolulu, the ship sails at 8pm, not 10. Atleast it did for us. Im thinking maybe u are boarding in Kahuli, Maui.

We were jsut on the POA 2 weeks ago. We had a pre cruise stay at the marriot and we were bused over to ship at 115-130, we went thru secuirty got our cruise cards, and went right up to our cabin, most of our luggage was waiting for us in the hall. I think 2 pieces were yet to arrive. We made note of that to our steward and it arrived in a matter of minutes. If you are embarking at Honolulu, the ship sails at 8pm, not 10. Atleast it did for us. Im thinking maybe u are boarding in Kahuli, Maui.

We were just on the pride of America on March 4th. We boarded the ship at 11:30 and there was a secure spot to store carry on luggage until our cabin was ready .We went to lunch and then to the cabin by the time we were finished

I want to board early just to get our dinner reservations (group of 11), so after you eat lunch, are there any activities to do until sailing? Are the pools filled? I know on one cruise we were on, the pools weren't filled until we sailed. I've got 2 teens, a preteen and a 10 year old sailing with our group so they are counting on hitting the pool.

I didn't notice if the pool was open . By the time we had lunch our cabin was ready so we went there. We did a tour of the ship and then went to book a few shore excursions while there was no line up. We also went to reserve our dining for the week . Again no line up so we had all the choices.

Archived