Miami as a port of call

Parkcharoli

Miami has a lot of interesting options. South Beach in Miami Beach is always a happening place. Great beach, party atmosphere, tours of the 1930s Art Deco buildings,etc. Lunch in one of the classic hotels.

Calle Ocho (8th Street in Miami's Little Havana) is always a popular choice. Cuban food, clothes, flashy outfits.  Farther afield are tours of the Everglades. Air boats (fan powered boats which skim the surface of swamp water) get you up close to alligators and a wide range of birds

When I went with my kids, they really enjoyed the South Beach area too.  But when it got too hot for them ( Brits - so not used to the summer heat in Miami) we went to the Frost Science Museum for a few hours.  

We also did the hop on hop off bus which was definitely one of the  better ones I've been on.

On 6/14/2023 at 8:45 PM, Parkcharoli said:

Our New Year’s cruise from NYC has Miami as our first port of call but there’s No Carnival excursions even offered. What can we do for the day with 3 teenagers?

It may be too early for them to have their excursions posted. Check back in a couple months.