Trans-bridge Bus Lines returning service to Cape Liberty

mugtech

According to the Allentown Morning Call, Trans-Bridge Lines is restarting their bus service to Cape Liberty.  Reservations are required, and one can park at the ABE airport during the cruise.  I have not investigated the current charges, but it used to be the bus left the airport at 9 AM, would get to the cruise terminal at 10:30 or 11:00 AM. On the return the bus was waiting in the parking lot for a 9:30 AM return to ABE Airport.  The price in 2019 was $50 each for seniors round trip and the parking was $5/night, with the first 3 nights free.  So for a 9 nighter out of Cape Liberty it used to cost my wife and me $35 parking plus $100 bus tickets.  Currently for a 9 night cruise the parking at Cape Liberty is $30/day, $270 total.  We live 3 miles from the airport, never had any problems with parking overnight there.  I know some folks have come from Berks and Lancaster Counties to use these services.  Makes it a lot easier and cheaper for us to do a last minute cruise.

• Like 1

I was thinking about taking a solo 9 night cruise from CL and knew it would be expensive to drive and park (tolls are ~$50 RT + $270 parking + gas).  So, I looked into Amtrak to Newark-Penn Station ($100 RT) and probably would go that route.  But with the return of the bus service, that would be another option, although ABE is a 1.5 hour drive each way for me.  

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/15/2023 at 11:53 AM, Another_Critic said:

Bus service was restored in early 2024 but was later discontinued. Just wondering if anyone is aware of plans to restart it for the Fall season.  We have a Oct cruise on the Symphony.

On 8/27/2024 at 10:26 AM, rjrpar said:

Bus service was restored in early 2024 but was later discontinued. Just wondering if anyone is aware of plans to restart it for the Fall season.  We have a Oct cruise on the Symphony.

I called TransBridge last week for service to Cape Liberty.  She said she did not know when or if service would be restored to Bayonne.  So keep checking.  Have used their service to Manhattan pier but never to Bayonne.  We are also doing the Symphony Oct. 20-27.   

• 4 weeks later...