Bar, Montenegro suggestions?

We are due there in about a month, so my bit of research might be helpful, hopefully.

The main recommendation I've found is to visit the old, ruined town of Stari Bar.  It seems to be about an hour's walk from Bar (3 miles?), but there is apparently an hourly local bus service with a few stops in Bar, or local taxis for about EU5.  In Bar itself, the Church of St Jovan Vladimir and the Palace of King Nikolai were also mentioned.

Budva, about an hour by bus, and Lake Skadar, about half an hour away, are other suggestions I've seen.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, we already visited Bar with one of out NCL Mediterranean cruising but also have been in Kotor. Kotor is the pretty one but Bar is all nice and interesting to see especially if you have enough time to do scenic ride to Skadar Lake National Park for boating and maybe lunch. We had the vinery in the offer but we chose lunch instead. On the way we also visited Star Grad( Old Town) but if you compare it with Kotor it on the far second place indeed. Check monttravelers dot com for some tour ides. They were super helpful and useful for our trips. Hope you will have fun there. Cheers!

Edited by Marck123

• 2 months later...
On 6/15/2023 at 5:59 PM, jensplace said:

Our cruise is in 10 days and today they just cancelled Kotor and replaced it with Bar. Any recommendations on things to do in Bar?

Oh no!  What was the reason for cancelling the port of Kotor?  The fjords are stunning and so looking forward to that port in October.