Thinking of trying MSC Yacht Club - need suggestions

tori0417

2 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

What?  They have bumped people out of the YC?

When MSC chartered the ship after selling it to the public. The charter group wanted the entire Yacht Club.  mscdivina2016 is right to bring this to our attention. MSC offered only a refund after plans were already made. Very distressing situation. mscd2016 made the best of it that he could. It would leave a bitter taste in anyone's mouth.

Edited by morpheusofthesea

27 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

When MSC chartered the ship after selling it to the public. The charter group wanted the entire Yacht Club.  mscdivina2016 is right to bring this to our attention. MSC offered only a refund after plans were already made. Very distressing situation. mscd2016 made the best of it that he could. It would leave a bitter taste in anyone's mouth.

Wow!  

17 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Wow!  

Celebrity has cancelled entire cruises to sell a charter in the past as have other cruise lines.

Generally speaking I'd want to cancel if there was a significant partial charter on a ship as it tends to have a huge impact on the ambiance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark_T said:

Celebrity has cancelled entire cruises to sell a charter in the past as have other cruise lines.

Generally speaking I'd want to cancel if there was a significant partial charter on a ship as it tends to have a huge impact on the ambiance.

They downgraded me with no reduction in fare from Yacht club to a regular balcony and to top it off, that downgrade did not include booze or Internet or any access to yacht club.

PXL_20210925_124436611.MP~3.jpg

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

They downgraded me with no reduction in fare from Yacht club to a regular balcony and to top it off, that downgrade did not include booze or Internet or any access to yacht club.

So they didn't offer you a full refund before the cruise sailed...?

44 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

So they didn't offer you a full refund before the cruise sailed...?

At the time no.  I actually had to get an attorney involved .

The contract states they can basically change anything at any time for operational reasons.

The bottom line is they wanted me to cancel. They did not want to honor CLIA.  

So they made it miserable for me. We were finally given the opportunity to cancel with no penalty weeks before which of course we did with the understanding they would take care of me later, which they did not.

Edited by mscdivina2016

5 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

The contract states they can basically change anything at any time for operational reasons.

Normal in the cruise industry sadly, a lot of people got booted off of their 2023/24 Japan cruises with Celebrity, and it wasn't even the first time they had been moved...

Between whole and partial charters and the fallout from all the Covid cruise cancellations things can and do get messed up from time to time.