Granduer Itinerary Change??

Well this sucks bananas! I'm kinda glad they dumped Freeport, but was hoping for something like Coco Cay:(

Geez it's like we're taking a cruise to Florida! I'm gonna be there in June for a week on a land vacation, not really looking to see more:(

Well, I guess they can always change their mind again (hoping hoping hoping!):rolleyes:

Could it be because the Freeport call was on a Sunday, and a lot of places were closed, and the ship docked quite a distance from things, necessitating an expensive cab ride, and most people who posted on this board about the call at Freeport last year were less than enthusiastic?

That is strange...I am sure that there is a logical reason but it would be interesting to know what it is. When we did this same cruise last year we went to Coco Cay and it looks like they swapped it for Costa Maya for this year.

Oh well, just as long as I am on the ship, I am happy:D

I've been watching the 9-nighters out of Baltimore on the Granduer, trying to decide if I want to book. But now it more of a cruise to Florida, I like Florida but this is a little much.

I have to agree, 3 Florida stops is a little over the top to still be considered a Caribbean cruise. I'm still crossing my fingers that we won't have a change.

I am also on a cruise to Florida now and not really happy about it. If I had wanted to see Florida, I would have driven myself there. Sheesh. What I don't understand is why RCCI doesn't give any type of explanation?

I am so disappointed. I have never been on a cruise before, and I've never been to the Bahamas and I was SO looking forward to seeing it. A large group of my family is going together on this cruise. It's mostly for my Grandfather, who lost my Grandmother to cancer 2 years ago, so I will not cancel. It's the chance of a lifetime though, to go with so much of my family, and I was looking forward to seeing the Bahamas w/ my mother, kids, husband, grandfather, aunt, etc.

I understand that they reserve the right to change the itinerary at any time, but that alone will probably be enough to put me off of cruising. I don't want to pay that much for a tour of Florida. (yuk)

My uncle is putting a call into the TA to see if we can switch to another ship or another cruiseline so the only way we will cancel is if we do it en masse.

If anyone could give some info on why they have changed the ports of call, could you let us know on here? If the reason made sense, I might not be so bummed.

Mary

Just guessing here . . . Miami is RCCL's home port. If Grandeur dock's there, they can re-supply, maybe less expensive than Baltimore, and do other logistical op's (refueling?). If you've never been to Miami, it's not a bad port of call. I'm sure they'll have a bunch of excursion's: Everglades, South Beach, Miami boat tour's, Orange Bowl, there's plenty to do in Miami/Dade area "IF" you've never spent much time there before. Not far from the pier on Dodge Island (a very short cab ride away) is Bayside. Scores of shops, restaurants, stores including Disney, Hooter's, Buppa Gump's, Hard Rock Cafe, and much more. Google "Bayside Miami" for more info. And Walgreen's and the Ross Store are in the neighborhood if you need to personally re-supply. If you're an experienced Miami veteran, you of course have reason to change your plans, if you don't wanna go back to MIA. Otherwise, give it as go, when will you next opportunity be to be back to Miami?

Just guessing here . . . Miami is RCCL's home port. If Grandeur dock's there, they can re-supply, maybe less expensive than Baltimore, and do other logistical op's (refueling?).

That would be fine, if they hadn't listed it as a Bahamas cruise. It is still listed as a Bahamas cruise on their website. I think that is misleading information.

Mary

Just guessing here . . . Miami is RCCL's home port. If Grandeur dock's there, they can re-supply, maybe less expensive than Baltimore, and do other logistical op's (refueling?).

Good idea, but they already thought of that, and from what we learned on our cruise last year, they already resupply during their stop in Port Canaveral, which is also a home port for other RCCL ships. They did refuel in Baltimore, but they certainly could have done that in Port Canaveral if it had been more cost effective to do so.

It's interesting, I don't see this change on any of the TA web sites yet.

Theron

i am on a june cruise and knew nothing about this untill reading it here so i done a few checks and they are including freeport up to and including the June 23 departure then it is replaced with miami for all cruises from july

Just checked RCCL.com and had some decent price drops for some of the cruises effected by the change.

Youre right about the price drop. We booked this cruise back in August while on the SOS to Alaska. Our price was amost $1700.00pp. I called yesterday and got the credit. When I first check RCI's yesterday morning The first thing I noticed was the price drop not the port of call change. Must of been excited about the price drop I falled to notice that change.

Archived