Granduer Itinerary Change??

and the information I got from them is that they put their request in to Grand Bahama Island too late and another cruise ship too their spot. Not a very good reason, but the only one they are giving us. The prices did actually go down so if you are on that sailing call your TA and get the reduction.

-DEM920

tdembek@optonline.net

That is crazy...Florida, Florida, Florida. But after going to Freeport last year, I can honestly say I'd rather stop in Miami Beach. I love the cruise, though. I'd do it again but if it still sails to Freeport, I'd stay on the ship and enjoy myself. There are little shops right off of the dock that you can walk to but if you want to snorkel or go to the beach, you have to take a cab. We did it but it was on a Sunday and nothing much was opened. One place where we specifically went after snorkeling to get our teens a drink in a coconut wouldn't crack it opened after drank it, after saying that they would. It was the only reason we went to that particular place. It was a restaurant at Count Basie square. OK, I'm off topic now, but just trying to make lemons out of lemonade for those missing Freeport.

I would say, call, get the discount, but don't not go. I'd be more upset about them removing Coco Cay. That was so much fun and so relaxing...beach all day, bbq, drinks; it was wonderful.

I am also on a cruise to Florida now and not really happy about it. If I had wanted to see Florida, I would have driven myself there. Sheesh. What I don't understand is why RCCI doesn't give any type of explanation?

I am so disappointed. I have never been on a cruise before, and I've never been to the Bahamas and I was SO looking forward to seeing it. A large group of my family is going together on this cruise. It's mostly for my Grandfather, who lost my Grandmother to cancer 2 years ago, so I will not cancel. It's the chance of a lifetime though, to go with so much of my family, and I was looking forward to seeing the Bahamas w/ my mother, kids, husband, grandfather, aunt, etc.

I understand that they reserve the right to change the itinerary at any time, but that alone will probably be enough to put me off of cruising. I don't want to pay that much for a tour of Florida. (yuk)

My uncle is putting a call into the TA to see if we can switch to another ship or another cruiseline so the only way we will cancel is if we do it en masse.

If anyone could give some info on why they have changed the ports of call, could you let us know on here? If the reason made sense, I might not be so bummed.

Mary

Call the cruiseline and ask them.

Luckily we are on the June 9th sailing. We were dissappointed when we first booked and found out that Coco Cay was no longer a stop. My mother was most excited for that stop. I do not think she cares about any except maybe Costa Maya now. I look forward to cruising anywhere!

Thanks for pointing out the itinerary change.

We just cancelled the Nov. 10 sailing and rebooked for the Nov. 19 repositioning cruise.

Three Florida ports of call was a bit too much for us. We also noticed that the price didn't drop for the Nov. 10 sailing so we figured that we might as well spend a bit more and enjoy a longer cruise.

:( No price drop for our Oct 27th cruise either. Maybe this means they might reconsider and change the port again:rolleyes: . Has anyone had that happen?? I agree, the cruise is the experience, but I really wanted a Caribbean experience, not a Florida experience. Maybe a price drop will help, but it hasn't shown itself yet.:o

:( No price drop for our Oct 27th cruise either. Maybe this means they might reconsider and change the port again:rolleyes: . Has anyone had that happen?? I agree, the cruise is the experience, but I really wanted a Caribbean experience, not a Florida experience. Maybe a price drop will help, but it hasn't shown itself yet.:o

I've been watching the October dates as well, and a couple of possibilities are: It's farther out, so maybe too soon to drop, and also, those prices are already cheaper due to hurricane season, so maybe they don't want to drop them even more.

At some points they were a bit cheaper for the same cruise last year, so they may still yet drop before then.

Theron

I called yesterday when I got an e-mail cancelling my shore excursions in Freeport. I asked why it was changed, and was told they reserve the right to change the itinerary. I'm still waiting on my refund for the excursions so I can book a dolphin encouner in Cozumel now.

I'm of the same opinion as everyone else......I'd rather spend most of my time in the Caribbean on my "Western Caribbean Cruise," and NOT just a Florida cruise! This is my first RCCL cruise, and so far, I'm holding my breath waiting to see how this turns out. Also, no price drop for my July cruise.

Take Care,

Jaime

Oh man!! I LOVE Miami. I don't really love Freeport. This all makes me want to go even more now. :(

I have the time off and the money... but no one else does. If I can't find someone to cruise with, I'll be staying home this summer. <whaaa!!>

Anyone wanna' cruise in May..... :rolleyes:

charter a boat to take us around Miami. Did it on a cruise a few years ago and it worked out great. We ordered food to be delivered to the boat and the captain took us around Miami for 3 hours. We got to swim and got a great private tour. And it was way cheaper than anything the cruiseline offered. We will be doing it again this summer if the port doesn't change again.

-DEM920:D

Archived