9/11 Memorial from Brooklyn

Thechamp555

Hello all,

We're going soon on the Carribean Princess from Fort L. to Quebec city and we would like to visit the 9/11 memorial in NY. Base on what I know we will be on the Brooklyn port but that may change....

How far is it from this port ? Best method of transportation to go there? 

Thank you !!!

Germain

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Thechamp555 said:

Hello all,

We're going soon on the Carribean Princess from Fort L. to Quebec city and we would like to visit the 9/11 memorial in NY. Base on what I know we will be on the Brooklyn port but that may change....

How far is it from this port ? Best method of transportation to go there? 

Thank you !!!

Germain

1st.....If you will be departing on the Princess Line, sounds like your ship will be docked in Red Hook Brooklyn.

The 9-11 Memorial and Museum is located in Manhattan on the West Side across from the World Financial Center. Next to the Wall Street Area. What was once named the World Trade Center.

2nd........There are many various ways to travel to the 9-11 Memorial/ 1 Freedom Tower location from Brooklyn that I know others will suggest. Ferries, Car Service, Subway etc.... I will leave it to others suggests. It will eventually be up to you....

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Thechamp555 said:

We're going soon on the Carribean Princess from Fort L. to Quebec city and we would like to visit the 9/11 memorial in NY. 

Your ship will dock in Brooklyn on a weekday morning. NYC Ferry (South Brooklyn route) is perhaps a 4 minute walk from where the ship docks. It will be 20 minutes on the ferry to the Pier 11 stop. Then about a 1 mile walk to the 9/11 memorial.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, meadowlander said:

Your ship will dock in Brooklyn on a weekday morning. NYC Ferry (South Brooklyn route) is perhaps a 4 minute walk from where the ship docks. It will be 20 minutes on the ferry to the Pier 11 stop. Then about a 1 mile walk to the 9/11 memorial.

Great, thank you !