Upgrade Bid Accepted After Lowering Bid?

Belletora

I am wondering if anyone has experience getting a bid accepted after lowering it. I originally placed a higher bid but decided to lower it because, well, why not? But I am curious if I just sealed my fate in the bidding process. 

I've won my bid after lowering it, don't think it really matters when you bid although there is some speculation that bids are date-stamped. But the bid amount could make a difference. 

In my case the ship was way undersold (just after startup) so figured I'd probably get my upgrade regardless of the bid amount, and I was correct.

Sealed your fate? - depends entirely on the where your bid fits into the algorithm.  Did you lower your chances - maybe, simply because others may outbid you at this point. If the ship is undersold and there are upgrades available for everyone then bid amount probably doesn't matter much.

Our experience with a low capacity cruise was min bid sufficient they had loads of space to move people.

Even changed cabin once on the ship to a more convenient one(bed layout & lift location)

Now they are often sailing full I suspect you need decent bids to get the upgrade but the inside get sold off dirt cheap.

next cruise the bid range inside to OV is 20-195  the current ox  is  around 400 more than paid

not many ov left, a couple of balcony keep coming and going they want  80-355  current rate 800 more 

Got allocated a decent location high deck so will probably stick with the inside,

Some of the OV are not great cabins. .