Any Progress on New Dock?

texas greeneyes

A recent article says that the removal of the rubble will begin in 3 or 4 weeks, and then, once the authorities grant permission, it'll take 300 days to build a new pier. Here's the link: http://www.poresto.net/index.php?ID=63771

Run it through your favourite translator! My best guess is....May 23rd! Anyone want to start a pool?;)

I recently ran into one of the Harbormaster top guys, and asked him. He's one of the high ranking Captains that boards cruise ships on their approach, so I figured he'd have some inside info. He told me that the International pier would be fixed by Sept/Oct. But that both Puerta Maya and Punta Langosta were not even scheduled yet for any work. The story Tom posted mentions permits as a reason for no work being done yet. But I was told that part of the hold up is an outstanding debt that Carnival has for over 50 million bucks in fees to the county and the federal government. Apparently Carnival want these fees waived. He guessed it would be more than a year before the issues were resolved and the pier rebuilt.

"Mr. Vivas also confirmed that Carnival owe the Mexican Government USD$52 million in port fees, which they have not payed since 1996. He added that he was "optimistic" the matter would be resolved amicably and that it should not affect the new proposals."

I read this off of the link from the Chakanaab boars. They were discussing Making the pier larger so they could fit up to 12 ships at one time. Thats alot of cruisers in one port. ^ ships is a lot of cruisers in one port. Anyhow i hope there is a good reason for this. It kind of bugs me that we pay our port fees yet Carnival has not paid for 10 years. Anyone know anymore about this? Here is the link for the story. Hope I did all this right I am not computer savvy.

http://www.wilmacozumel.com/cozumel_piers.htm

Archived