Ketchikan Fishing Excursion recommendations

Kiwicake

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a fishing excursion company in Ketchikan? Will be there in August. Preferably one that also does a catch & cook after you fish. We will be a party of 2 so I don't mind if it is not private and others are with us. 

We went with HAL to Ketchikan early May, we seriously almost booked a fishing trip and wilderness cook out through HAL.  In the end I decided against the tour due to at that time, restrictions on salmon and no crab.  You may want to check on restrictions for your time frame.

On the flip side, met a couple from Ontario who took that HAL excursion and they were thrilled.  I got to look at pictures of their catch.  Lots of Rock Fish and a Ling Cod. They had a seriously great time.  I guess its all what you expect to get out of it.  I'd say if you want to fish in Alaska and catch/eat some fish in the wilderness, go for the HAL excursion 

• Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 10:07 PM, oakridger said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic @Kiwicake!  Cute CC handle!

You will find a wider audience for your question in the Alaska Ports of Call Forum linked below:

Alaska Cruises Q&A: Find Tips & Recommendations - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

Good luck and enjoy Alaska!

~Nancy

thank you!

On 6/20/2023 at 12:39 AM, lobsternight said:

We went with HAL to Ketchikan early May, we seriously almost booked a fishing trip and wilderness cook out through HAL.  In the end I decided against the tour due to at that time, restrictions on salmon and no crab.  You may want to check on restrictions for your time frame.

On the flip side, met a couple from Ontario who took that HAL excursion and they were thrilled.  I got to look at pictures of their catch.  Lots of Rock Fish and a Ling Cod. They had a seriously great time.  I guess it’s all what you expect to get out of it.  I'd say if you want to fish in Alaska and catch/eat some fish in the wilderness, go for the HAL excursion 

thanks for the recommendation! Unfortunately it is sold out through HAL though.