princess vs celebrity food

basil1

For what its worth, I like Princess' food better too, for many of the same reasons in others posts.  Celebrity does have really good desserts at the coffee shop and the gelato is great.  Don't like their buffet, really like the spa cafe concept and the food there, I wish every other line had something similar.  On Princess, I like the International Cafe and I think their specialty restaurants are better.  I rarely eat in the dining rooms on any ship.

• Like 2

On 6/20/2023 at 7:30 AM, gilboman said:

can consider HAL? princess food imo was never that good even precovid.  I've done a few HAL cruises post pandemic and find it much better than celebrity or princess even precovid especially buffet and other venues too 

Agree with the comments about the food quality on HAL. I actually think they are under-rated. Some cruising friends have remarked that HAL is "almost" on par with Oceana which surprises me but I haven't tried that cruiseline yet to provide an opinion.

Every line we have been on since COVID has been weak in the MDR.  Food is always subjective.

Just got off Majestic Princess and were not very impressed with the MDR - it was a little better than Royals MDR and a little worse than Disneys.  On Celebrity we ate in Blu (or speciality dining) every night, so not an equivalent comparison to Princess MDR.

Edited by Stealthdog