Seascape June 11-18 review. Warning, it isnt pretty...

2 hours ago, 20165 said:

Thats great news and in my opinion, the main reason for the people issues.  I think i mentioned this earlier or in another post, but i was talking to a gentleman in one of the bars about our cabins and he had the same Balcony we did and paid less than half of what i paid for mine.  Granted, i dont know what level they had, but for them to get the cabin we got for less than $1400 total for 2 people is crazy. And he had the drink package included, although i think it was the basic one.

Since you talked about money matters, how were your talks on religion and politics?  This is why I never ask a fellow airline passenger how much he paid for his ticket.  It's the same as asking someone about their golf handicap.  Every golfer I know has three handicaps"  His true one, the one he tells a stranger he is not likely to see again (scratch or better!), and the one he tells his opponents while making bets on the first tee (usually 8 strokes or even higher than his real handicap).  The real question is, were you satisfied with what you paid for your cruise before you stepped on board?  Nothing else matters.

Edited by JAGR
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, JAGR said:

The real question is, were you satisfied with what you paid for your cruise before you stepped on board?  Nothing else matters.

No, i disagree, i think the real question is do i feel satisfied with the price i paid for the product i got and the answer to that is absolutely not.  That matters...

52 minutes ago, 20165 said:

No, i disagree, i think the real question is do i feel satisfied with the price i paid for the product i got and the answer to that is absolutely not.  That matters...

I believe that the person who asked the question is wondering if the gentleman that you met paid MORE than you did, would you feel better about what you paid? 

1 hour ago, 20165 said:

Well, then, your buyer's remorse matters not what others paid.

22 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I believe that the person who asked the question is wondering if the gentleman that you met paid MORE than you did, would you feel better about what you paid? 

No, not really. My issue really wasnt about what i paid, i was just making the point that because MSC was selling the cabins a very discounted rate, there were a lot more 'interlopers' as they have been referred to on this post.  

45 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

What's my third handicap ? I gave up golf for cruising.

I suppose it is one of the three I mentioned:  "His true one, the one he tells a stranger he is not likely to see again (scratch or better!), and the one he tells his opponents while making bets on the first tee (usually 8 strokes or even higher than his real handicap)."

3 hours ago, 20165 said:

i was just making the point that because MSC was selling the cabins a very discounted rate, there were a lot more 'interlopers' as they have been referred to on this post.  

Technically, these lucky 'move up' guests are not interlopers even if they were given a free upgrade to  Yacht Club cabin. Just like winning a free cruise is not interloping. They have been allotted an available cabin in the venue. The venue was designed for just so many. The problems arise when this space ratio is exceeded by those outside the venue, that sneak in, are invited in by guest residing in the YC, or have "ACCESS" by virtue of being a friend or family of an officer. To have 330 paying guests and adding 44  f&f of both officers and those with connections to paying guests and those 'wholesale' intruders are the interlopers. On this cruise that we were on 7 were asked to leave on one day and 12 on another day, and not the same bunch. Do not even want to consider how many were in the Seafood Extravaganza  line. The more I reflect the more instances I question. Like how many interlopers were dancing in the conga line with us the evenings docked at San Juan at the One Pool Deck party and buffet ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2023 at 11:50 AM, 20165 said:
The ugly
  • It’s hard to describe the mix of people, but it wasn’t good.  Extremely rude, witnessed people shoving others out of their way in the halls/elevators and buffet.  I used the word ‘thuggish’ on of the other posts and that wasn’t an exaggeration.  There were some pretty rough looking people on that ship that I would not feel comfortable letting smaller kids out of my sight around.

Hard not to forget your balanced review. Then I saw this headline :

"Los Angeles is spending up to $837,000 to house a single homeless person

by: Associated Press

Posted: Feb 24, 2022" which works out $2293 per day enough to cruise all year in a top suite. But everything is over the top in LA. Read also that the average in the US is between $84-$137 per day to house and feed the homeless. Could it be that municipalities hard pressed to find available housing on shore have turned to housing the homeless at sea? With "Kids Sail Free" and what we veteran cruisers are seeing nowadays on cruises with behavior and no more mental hospitals .....

Edited by morpheusofthesea

On 6/28/2023 at 11:52 AM, JAGR said:

Since you talked about money matters, how were your talks on religion and politics?  This is why I never ask a fellow airline passenger how much he paid for his ticket.  It's the same as asking someone about their golf handicap.  Every golfer I know has three handicaps"  His true one, the one he tells a stranger he is not likely to see again (scratch or better!), and the one he tells his opponents while making bets on the first tee (usually 8 strokes or even higher than his real handicap).  The real question is, were you satisfied with what you paid for your cruise before you stepped on board?  Nothing else matters.

I never ask anyone what they paid except when it is someone that I know very well and we discuss the prices before we book. 

I have learned that many times when people tell me how much they paid they really don’t know the true price, they are lying, or don’t think the same as I do.  

We were waiting to disembark and a passenger sitting next to us said she learned something on the cruise that she never knew before.   She was in AQ like we were.   She asked us if we knew that passengers in AQ could  have dined in a specialty restaurant the first night for free.   I said that I didn’t that.   She then said that on the first night the server asked her why she was dining in Blu when she could be in a specialty restaurant for free.   She said she left and went to Murano and it only cost her $39.00.  🤷‍♂️😱  I then said thanks for the info.  I will remember that the next time. 🤗

One person was bragging to us about the bargain price that they paid for the same category that we were in and how hard it as to pay out that much  when the final payment was due.    I said the final payment should have been less because of the deposit.   They said the price they told me  was the final payment because the deposit doesn’t count as it is a deposit.   The cruise actually cost more than they claimed because they didn’t consider the deposit as part of the cost.  🙄😱🤷‍♂️    They actually paid more than we did but they were happy.  

My wife’s cousin use to go to Vegas once a year.   She always claimed that they came out ahead.   We joined them one time.   We found that  their idea of coming out ahead was that they didn’t spend all the money that they took with them.   My idea of coming out ahead is coming back with more than I started with and plus the amount to cover the cost of the trip.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1