Booking Next Cruise on Ship

GSPG

We are sailing in just over two weeks, but have already chosen another sailing for next year, and I’ve heard it’s best to book your next cruise if already on a ship.

What kind of discount or extra’s should we expect, if any, or is there anything we should ask for?

This one will be our 3rd cruise with P&O.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, GSPG said:

We are sailing in just over two weeks, but have already chosen another sailing for next year, and I’ve heard it’s best to book your next cruise if already on a ship.

What kind of discount or extra’s should we expect, if any, or is there anything we should ask for?

Thanks

The main benefit is that the deposit is usually only £50 pp, which means if you ever need to cancel it's not too expensive.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, GSPG said:

Thanks

As already said there is the low deposit unless it’s a long cruise.

Two weeks ago they were offering extra on board spend on top of that that would be given “If you booked at home” extra 150% then.

You have not said if you booked your upcoming cruise via a TA. If so you can ask or they should ask if you wish for the booking to be transferred back to them, If your TA is worth their salt you should be rewarded by them.

Don’t be afraid to ask them to quote for a Select and an Early Saver. and if booking a Select how much would they reduce the OBC for the coach or car parking option if you are sailing from Southampton if these are options interest you.

I presume that you already know or will know before you sail the price of the holiday that you are interested in.

Edited by Bill Y
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, LA30 said:

Always cheaper online a few weeks later.

Equally it could be more expensive a few weeks later. Standard rules apply - if you are happy with the price then book and don't look at the price again, otherwise don't book.

I have noticed on occasions that there are sometimes "Manager's Special of the Day" - how good they are I don't know.

Basically you need to do your homework before you go and see what is on offer and then make a decision.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Bill Y said:

As already said there is the low deposit unless it’s a long cruise.

Two weeks ago they were offering extra on board spend on top of that that would be given “If you booked at home” extra 150% then.

You have not said if you booked your upcoming cruise via a TA. If so you can ask or they should ask if you wish for the booking to be transferred back to them, If your TA is worth their salt you should be rewarded by them.

Don’t be afraid to ask them to quote for a Select and an Early Saver. and if booking a Select how much would they reduce the OBC for the coach or car parking option if you are sailing from Southampton if these are options interest you.

I presume that you already know or will know before you sail the price of the holiday that you are interested in.

No we booked directly online.
Yes I agree you don’t get if you don’t ask. It’s knowing what to ask!

We booked on board last year for an upcoming cruise. There was an offer just for that day of £50 each extra OBC. The price was right and there was generous OBC for that cruise already. The passed it on to our TA who gave us extra discount! Win win! 😃

• Like 2

On 6/21/2023 at 3:57 PM, terrierjohn said:

The main benefit is that the deposit is usually only £50 pp, which means if you ever need to cancel it's not too expensive.

We were on Aurora last week. Friends booked another cruise whilst on board and were told deposits had changed. £50pp for cruises up to 7 days, £100pp up to 14 days  and £150pp over that. I’m presuming it’s to prevent people cancelling and re booking if prices drop 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cristaltips said:

We were on Aurora last week. Friends booked another cruise whilst on board and were told deposits had changed. £50pp for cruises up to 7 days, £100pp up to 14 days  and £150pp over that. I’m presuming it’s to prevent people cancelling and re booking if prices drop 

Not good. Certainly less prebooking at the moment for me. Although we are booked up to 2005

11 minutes ago, Cristaltips said:

I do wonder what % of ships are leaving port now fully laden with people?

On the very limited number of sailings I have observed recently, just about all the accommodation has sold out.

Could be what was a deal before just isn’t much of one now as the company’s are doing very nicely and don’t have to entice!

1 minute ago, GSPG said:

I do wonder what % of ships are leaving port now fully laden with people?

On the very limited number of sailings I have observed recently, just about all the accommodation has sold out.

Could be what was a deal before just isn’t much of one now as the company’s are doing very nicely and don’t have to entice!

Lots of deals around. That’s why the ships are overladen and packed. I hope things die down soon.