Sydney early arrivals-what time allowed to check in?

Janman

Since we spent 3 1/2 weeks in Australia (including Sydney) in Sept. we have scheduled our flight to arrive from the US early AM day of sailing. The last time we flew this same flight we were downtown by 8:30 AM. Has anyone else flown in on a similar schedule and been able to check bags in for their sailing that day (before the normal checkin at approx. noon). We plan to take a cab to the ship and hopefully drop bags. I know we won't be able to get on but it would be nice to get rid of the bags. The ship, Pacific Princess will be arriving the previous day so will not be disembarking passengers on our day of sailing (3/26). I have been told that there is a day room at the Intercontinental where the Princess transfer passengers will be taken but it would be easier if we could drop luggage at the ship before heading there.

Happy cruising!

Janet

Thats really risky.Comming in the same day the ship sails.Also being from the northeast, better hope theres no big March snow storm.But have a great time.We are booked on the Statendam Feb 2007.Let us know how great a time you had.

Acrusa,

Can't believe I posted the wrong date for our cruise! Thanks for catching it. It's actually April 26 not March so there is not as much concern over a snowstorm here and we do have a 5 hour layover in LA before our final flight to Sydney on Apr. 24.

Archived