Dining Dress Code - Encore, Alaska, September

BunnyHutt

7th cruise, 1st on NCL, 1st to Alaska

Bestie and I are cruising 3rd week of September. We have reservations one night for Onda, one for Le Bistro. Rest of week I imagine we’ll be eating in MDR. 

What is the appropriate dress for dinner?

Thank you! 🙂

Cruise Casual: the Freedom of Freestyle Cruising

Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required.

Be sure to pack a sweater - the air conditioning can be chilly. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants.

Please Note: We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants.

All Decked-out: Smart Casual

Dress smart casual in our more formal dining room or in our more upscale specialty restaurants. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it's jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants.

The ship's dailies will tell you which restaurant(s) on your ship are Smart Casual. Shorts and t-shirts are fine in all of the other restaurants. 

• Like 1

Third week in September will be chilly, we went the second week of September and I wore blue jeans and a sweater during the day and brought a pair of black slacks with a few different blouses for dinner.

I re wear outfits all the time on cruises as I really don't care if someone notices plus as long as I don't spill on myself all is good!

Best advice I got for our Alaska cruise was to wear waterproof shoes or boots and leave the sneakers at home!  We had tons of rain on our cruise and wet sneakers won't dry in your cabin.

Beautiful cruise, enjoy!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BunnyHutt said:

7th cruise, 1st on NCL, 1st to Alaska

Bestie and I are cruising 3rd week of September. We have reservations one night for Onda, one for Le Bistro. Rest of week I imagine we’ll be eating in MDR. 

What is the appropriate dress for dinner?

Thank you! 🙂

Adding on to our MotoGP fan's post, Le Bistro is the "formal" specialty restaurant on each ship.  On Encore, they typically have that dress code on Ocean Blue too when I've been on.  Note that many times it does not apply to the first day where you might not have luggage.  In addition, the aft MDR on most ships also has the dress code, on Encore that's the Manhattan Room.

It's not much of a dress code though like spoken above.  Dress code means "smart casual" and inconsistently enforced. 

Okay, so for the most part nice jeans and tops are acceptable? Maybe step it up a notch for Le Bistro?

I’m used to warm weather/Caribbean cruising where a sun dress is the answer to everything. 😁

• Like 1

I found that the dress code on my Alaska cruise in September was very relaxed.

They expected that people would head outside after dinner and didn't want to 

change their clothes soI saw  nobody  turned away in clean presentable casual  pants and

sweater or jacket. This was on the Pearl a few years ago.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BunnyHutt said:

Okay, so for the most part nice jeans and tops are acceptable? Maybe step it up a notch for Le Bistro?

I’m used to warm weather/Caribbean cruising where a sun dress is the answer to everything. 😁

Nice jeans and a top is acceptable everywhere. I wear a polo and jeans or khakis to every restaurant, and just put on nicer shoes for Le Bistro 😂

• Like 1