Last Minute Availability

2 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

So glad you managed to get a cabin. Explorer? Did you mean Encounter?

We sailed on Encounter at the end of May and it didn't appear they were strictly adhering to the assigned boarding times. Because we don't trust the Highway from Gold Coast (traffic delays) we always leave with plenty of time up our sleeves and arrived about 50 minutes early (and prepared to wait). To our surprise, Staff at the Brisbane Terminal sent us straight through and it is not as though the terminal wasn't busy. Heaps of passengers waiting to be processed. So, if you are prepared to wait, take the chance and arrive early and see what happens.

Yes. Encounter, not Explorer. 🤦‍♂️
They waved us through the door as soon as we approached, at about 12:30. By 2pm we’d had lunch and I was making our dinner reservations. 
Boarding was quick and easy probably because;

1. DW is on a mobility scooter for this cruise so we skipped the lines but she had to have physical pay down at security. 
2. There was no immigration/passport control as this is a domestic cruise (4 nights: Brisbane-Airlie Beach-Brisbane). I always think that “Boarder Force” sounds like a B grade superhero so I say the words in a booming announcers voice. “BOARDER FORCE!” 🤣

Now to unpack. I’ll be back online on Saturday. TTFN