Do-It-Yourself Excursion for Heraklion Port - public bus to Palace of Knossos, Heraklion center and Beach

alpencoolcruiser

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this detailed post/video as we're considering this option for an upcoming cruise. I have a couple of questions:

1) Did you purchase your tickets for the Palace ahead of time?

2) When you arrived at the Palace, were there any sort of English walking maps to help you navigate the site?

• Like 1

On 7/4/2023 at 5:05 PM, amtatom said:

Thank you for this detailed post/video as we're considering this option for an upcoming cruise. I have a couple of questions:

1) Did you purchase your tickets for the Palace ahead of time?

2) When you arrived at the Palace, were there any sort of English walking maps to help you navigate the site?

1. No we bought it on site but I would advise to buy ahead of time to skip the line. You really save time that way. 

2. We were there years ago and were surprised that there were no maps: the lady just told us there are signs posted everywhere. 

I wish you lots of fun exploring!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, alibabacruisers said:

Which ticket did you buy via get your guide?  So many choices and some sound the same, etc......

We are thinking of doing the HOHO bus to get to Knossos.

Hello 🙂 I bought my tickets on site when I did not know better that I did not have to stand in a long queue.  I would buy the equivalent as a site ticket:  https://www.getyourguide.com/crete-l404/crete-palace-of-knossos-archaeological-site-entrance-ticket-t411187/   Be aware that this ticket is not cancellable. So I would buy it when I am sure to go. Wish you an enjoyable trip!

2 hours ago, majmaj4 said:

Thank you . Would you recommend the audio guide or were the enough signs with English.

Yes I would recommend it: It has been years since we went but when we were there - there were not many signs around and that I found disappointing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8/6/2023 at 2:20 AM, alpencoolcruiser said:

Hello 🙂 I bought my tickets on site when I did not know better that I did not have to stand in a long queue.  I would buy the equivalent as a site ticket:  https://www.getyourguide.com/crete-l404/crete-palace-of-knossos-archaeological-site-entrance-ticket-t411187/   Be aware that this ticket is not cancellable. So I would buy it when I am sure to go. Wish you an enjoyable trip!

Do you use your own phone and if so do you need wifi to use it. 

13 hours ago, pinkhatlady said:

Do you use your own phone and if so do you need wifi to use it. 

I will use my own phone with an eSim to get internet connection when I am in a foreign country.I need it for navigating and checking and buying tickets. https://zeweekendtraveller.com/index.php/travel-tips/how-to-use-internet-plan-with-airalo-in-different-countries/