Glory Tours or Silver Moon????

sadiem

We are a group of 8 and can't decide between Glory Tours or Silver Moon- I don't want to miss seeing the sites on the island and am worried I will, doing the Silver Moon, but it sound sooo fun- HELP

I was comparing these two tours.. (depends on what tour on glorytours.org you were looking at.

to me-- these are two different tours cpmpletely. one is an island tour--where ytou do swim with sea turtles.. the other is a snorkling kind of excursion that you do on a catmaran. Price is also higher for silver moon.

But on the other hand-- I cant seem to get glory tours to answer my emails either

For me, it's a "no brainer" cuz I can catch a snorkling trip on any island and they are all pretty much the same. We loved learning about the island, seeing the sights that make the island special and getting to spend some time on the water snorkling the shipwreck, swimming with turtles, and enjoyning the view from the glass bottom boat. I would do Glory Tours again in an instant. That's just my take though.

I just came back from glory tour, I think it is a waste of money. If you have group of 8, getting a taxi will be much cheaper. We regret that we have booked tour. Glory tour guid is a taxi driver too, I think you can get a better price when you get off the ship. I will suggest everyone don't book the prepaid tour, because you can change your mind any time.

I heard people take a taxi tour for less than $40/person. Most taxi will take about 8 people and start the tour. I will not recommand book glory tour because it is prepaid. If the weather is raining, you can relax on the ship instead of stuck in the tour.

Just did the Silver Moon I in Barbados last Thursday. This tour is worth every penny and then some. Maximum of 12 people on a luxury catamaran (we only had 10 people on our day). We swam with the sea turtles (they try and go when few other ships are there so it isn't crowded), we anchored off shore to eat lunch and swim (lunch was chicken, rice and beans, macaroni pie, flying fish, salad, garlic bread with wine provided), we then snorkeled at a ship wreck. Drinks were constantly provided throughout the drink and as we sailed back to the ship we were provided chocolate chip cookies and strawberry daiquiris and pina coladas. Plus Ben and Tony were great)!

Not such an easy choice for us. We have done both Silvermoon II and Glory Tours. Depending on what you want both were the highlight tours of their respective cruises.

Glory was a great way to see the island and was our best ever land tour on an island. We had the owner for the tour and that may be a difference as she was wonderful. Make sure to get her if you can. It even rained some and we still had a great day.

Silvermoon II was one of the top three snorkeling tours we have taken. If you want a really good day of snorkeling and the chance to swim with the turtles this is your tour. Hi laceyjane we enjoyed meeting you guys on Empress and the SM II.

No matter which one you choose you should have a great time.

What's the difference between Silver Moon I and II?
From all that I have read, and from the info from Silver Moon, the main difference is the number of people on the boat. We will take this tour next week and give you a review.

• 2 weeks later...
What's the difference between Silver Moon I and II?
Silver Moon II holds 18 passengers (without going to their website and looking it up, I believe this boat IS larger) and the Silver Moon holds 12 passengers.

We sailed on the Silver Moon II with a pretty full sailing. Was it a problem? Absolutely NOT. Actually were able to meet some pretty interesting folks, which if anything, makes for pleasant lunchtime chatting. I HIGHLY recommend the pina coladas!

Our family combined has taken well over 50 cruises all over the world and this was the best excursion we have taken. Right now I am just waiting for my family to decide whether they would like to do this excursion again this year instead of just going to the beach. Believe me...I have my fingers crossed.

I posted this info just last night on our roll call when we were discussing it...Capt Nick and the Silver Moon. Our pics from that day are here.

Arubaliser,

Thanks for the photos. We'll be in Barbados before and after our Windstar cruise next Jan. My DH plans to play golf. Do you think a single would enjoy this excursion? I'm a 47 yo mom who loves to snorkel and scuba.

Beth

Arubaliser,

Thanks for the photos. We'll be in Barbados before and after our Windstar cruise next Jan. My DH plans to play golf. Do you think a single would enjoy this excursion? I'm a 47 yo mom who loves to snorkel and scuba.

Beth

I used to cruise as a single so it is pretty easy to imagine myself on the Silver Moon alone. Nick and his crew would make you feel welcome and at home. It really is an intimate experience with so few people and plenty of space aboard.

Archived