Le Verdon port

Cruisingmarmi

We will dock at Le Verdon in October. From what I've read, there is nothing to do near the port. There are also no transportation options here, other than booking an excursion through NCL. Does anyone know if NCL provides a shuttle bus to Sur Le Mer, which is only a frw minutes away? I'm thinking a 2 hour bus ride to and from Bordeaux (cruise excursion) may not be worth it. 

Thanks in advance for any help in planning for this port. 

14 hours ago, Cruisingmarmi said:

Does anyone know if NCL provides a shuttle bus to Sur Le Mer, which is only a frw minutes away

If no definitive answer on this board, you could try posting on the NCL board as your question is NCL specific.

You can get the local train to Soulac-sur Mer( I assume that's where you mentioned as being nearby - 'sur-LA-Mer simply means 'by the sea'.) which will take 6 minutes, or the local bus which will take 12 minutes.

Soulac sur Mer is a typical French seaside holiday town, but whether much will be open in October out of season, I wouldn't know.

Or you could take the ferry across the Gironde to Royan which is a reasonably sized town and spend a day wandering, exploring and relaxing where very few of your fellow cruisers will be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Korimako said:

You can get the local train to Soulac-sur Mer( I assume that's where you mentioned as being nearby - 'sur-LA-Mer simply means 'by the sea'.) which will take 6 minutes, or the local bus which will take 12 minutes.

Soulac sur Mer is a typical French seaside holiday town, but whether much will be open in October out of season, I wouldn't know.

Or you could take the ferry across the Gironde to Royan which is a reasonably sized town and spend a day wandering, exploring and relaxing where very few of your fellow cruisers will be.

Thank you so much! I'll look into this option. I like off the beaten path ideas. 

On 6/25/2023 at 2:44 PM, Cruisingmarmi said:

Thank you so much! I'll look into this option. I like off the beaten path ideas. 

@Cruisingmarmi Can you let me know what you decided to do? We'll be there in late October and the option to just go to Soulac-sur Mer sounds appealing. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/25/2023 at 4:39 PM, Korimako said:

Has anyone successfully gone from the cruise port to the ferry port?   Does NCL have a shuttle to the ferry port?   Websites say it is at least a 75 minute walk and doesn't appear to be any taxi's.   That is likely 75 minutes each way and wouldn't be out of the question since we are in port for 12 hours but would like to plan and see if this is doable or worth it at all.   

21 hours ago, DougandMatt said:

Has anyone successfully gone from the cruise port to the ferry port?   Does NCL have a shuttle to the ferry port?   Websites say it is at least a 75 minute walk and doesn't appear to be any taxi's.   That is likely 75 minutes each way and wouldn't be out of the question since we are in port for 12 hours but would like to plan and see if this is doable or worth it at all.   

I'm trying to find a solution for this also. I posted on an NCL forum to see if anyone knows if a ship shuttle is offered.

11 minutes ago, wind010706 said:

Are you all going to be there with the NCL Getaway cruise Oct 12? We are hoping to go into Soulac-sur Mer. 

We're on NCL Star - so in Le Verdon on Sun., Oct. 29. Now considering a private tour to a winery or two nearby.

On 7/28/2023 at 2:10 PM, wind010706 said:

Are you all going to be there with the NCL Getaway cruise Oct 12? We are hoping to go into Soulac-sur Mer. 

I'm going to be there for the Oct 12 sailing as well. I have been having a terrible time trying to find an excursion to Bordeaux.

I was reading that you can't even walk out or around the Le Verdon port due to restrictions and that there are no taxis. I'm crossing my fingers that NCL has arranged some sort of shuttle at the very least.

Worst case I stay on the boat and make it a spa day I guess 🙂 I might tear up a little about not going to Bordeaux though.

https://www.whatsinport.com/Le-Verdon-sur-Mer.htm 

4 minutes ago, geekgrrle said:

I'm going to be there for the Oct 12 sailing as well. I have been having a terrible time trying to find an excursion to Bordeaux.

I was reading that you can't even walk out or around the Le Verdon port due to restrictions and that there are no taxis. I'm crossing my fingers that NCL has arranged some sort of shuttle at the very least.

Worst case I stay on the boat and make it a spa day I guess 🙂 I might tear up a little about not going to Bordeaux though.

https://www.whatsinport.com/Le-Verdon-sur-Mer.htm 

I agree. There seems to be no way for a DIY day without a shuttle. 

On 7/28/2023 at 4:10 PM, wind010706 said:

We're on the NCL Dawn. Also hoping to go to Soulac sur Mer. Would love to know if NCL offers a shuttle to the bus station. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/12/2023 at 4:58 PM, Cruisingmarmi said:

We're on the NCL Dawn. Also hoping to go to Soulac sur Mer. Would love to know if NCL offers a shuttle to the bus station. 

@Cruisingmarmi, were there any other options outside of the NCL shuttle to get to Soulac? Was hoping we could take a taxi there but perhaps it is not available.

On 8/26/2023 at 5:51 PM, Jandrman said:

Hi there. I am also in Le Verdon on October 14. I’m struggling to find any way to get an excursion or just get off the ship into town. Has anyone found a way to Soulac Sur Mer from the cruise terminal? Thanks! 😊

@Jandrman, were there taxis that you could take into Soulac or it was necessary to use NCL Shuttle from cruise terminal into town?