Sailing into Vancouver--how early to see?

no1racefan1

I've read that the arrival in Vancouver is very scenic. We'll be on Sapphire Princess southbound so should be sailing the 'inside' inside route. How early would I need to get up on disembarkation day in order to enjoy the scenery/sail in?

16 hours ago, no1racefan1 said:

I've read that the arrival in Vancouver is very scenic. We'll be on Sapphire Princess southbound so should be sailing the 'inside' inside route. How early would I need to get up on disembarkation day in order to enjoy the scenery/sail in?

Much depends on the tides at Seymour Narrows, but on average, I would be out on deck about 05:00.

• Like 4

Be sure to be out on deck for the sailaway from Whittier. IMHO the first couple of hours are some of the best on the trip but lots of people miss it because they are tired from getting to the ship. I will be on the Sapphire in Aug doing a B2B. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, DougH said:

Be sure to be out on deck for the sailaway from Whittier. IMHO the first couple of hours are some of the best on the trip but lots of people miss it because they are tired from getting to the ship. I will be on the Sapphire in Aug doing a B2B. 

Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to be out on deck!

• Like 1