World Europa Review June 16-23 from Barcelona, Non-YC

MaverickF

7 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

Better be discreet, otherwise they will throw you overboard if you consume your foreign instant coffee instead of their Italian coffee 😄

A cup of paid coffee is affordable 2,40 EUR. The free coffee (free for all at the self-service buffet, free for some at the MDR) will probably not satisfy you. But it is ok, the usual quality from hotel breakfast. 

Tea selection is wide, I see no reason to complain, but I am a coffee drinker. 

Thank you, that is helpful, particularly the price and the fact it is italian.  So often we get very poor coffee in the buffets (other cruise lines) and lipton teas.  I am a tea snob for sure.  First time on MSC so trying to be as prepared as prepared can be.  thanks you again.

8 hours ago, Maria63 said:

We did World Europa non-YC last fall, and they did not have Starbucks nor Starbucks-style takeaway coffee. If I remember correctly, they have partnered with Segafredo which is a major Italian brand. We brought our own instant coffee and added it to the coffee I used to bring to our cabin from the buffet, their coffee mugs are of a decent size. I don´t remember the tea brands but bringing your own instant coffee and tea bags is certainly a good idea.

Thank, exactly the info I needed.  Great idea to boost the coffee with your own, I will share that tip with the family.  

18 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Not sure they would have Starbucks, as so far ship has only sailed in Europe.  Not a lot of members here have sailed her.  Maybe @Stockjockcould come in and give his experience.  EM

To my knowledge, there was no Starbucks on World Europa.  There was what looked to be a very nice in-house coffee shop, aka Coffee Emporium, but we didn't try it because it wasn't included with our Easy Plus drink package.  However, those coffees were included with the premium package.  MSC makes a nice cappuccino outside of Coffee Emporium, and that was good enough for us.

As a side note, I'm not a big fan of Starbucks.  I find that they often over roast their beans and I don't find most of their baristas to be particularly good.

Edited by Stockjock

14 hours ago, Maria63 said:

We did World Europa non-YC last fall, and they did not have Starbucks nor Starbucks-style takeaway coffee. If I remember correctly, they have partnered with Segafredo which is a major Italian brand. We brought our own instant coffee and added it to the coffee I used to bring to our cabin from the buffet, their coffee mugs are of a decent size. I don´t remember the tea brands but bringing your own instant coffee and tea bags is certainly a good idea.

14 hours ago, Maria63 said:

I believe the "Coffee Emporium" on Deck 8 is included in the Premium Plus drink package.